Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to upgrade the following if any of them are available. anyone knows if these items are on the market yet?

- wood shift knob
- chrome side mirrors

thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
geng77 said:
i'm looking to upgrade the following if any of them are available. anyone knows if these items are on the market yet?

- wood shift knob
- chrome side mirrors

thanks!

I can help with the wood shift knob. The Grand Cherokee Overland Wood Shift Knob will fit the Commander perfectly.

http://www.justforjeeps.com/ovshkn.html

Thanks!
Peter

·
Registered
136 Posts
Would be actually nice to cover those 2 ugly plastic things in the back with aluminum covers a-la Limited but they probably don't sell it separately... don't take my word for it.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thats one thing that annoyed me about buying the jeep afterwards.All the Cheap exterior plastic on a $30,000 vehicle.I tried to go to a local car painter yesterday, and was told you can't paint over it,Great.Hopefully they'll start offering paintable pieces,Or we can organize a group buy?
Would anyone be interested?:cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i don't like the cheap hard plastic interior. why can't they make it the soft rubber like the previous generation of the gc overland. damn shame.

·
Registered
19 Posts
indo said:
and was told you can't paint over it
Would anyone be interested?:cool:
Whoever told you that is %100 incorrect. I have a black commander which is about 80 miles from me right now getting the:

Mirrors
roof rack caps
rear skid plate
rocker panels
rear hatch lid (thats black plastic on the 4.7's)

I'll post pics when done. You can totally do it, its costing me $425 paint included for the work.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
geng77 said:
well i don't like the cheap hard plastic interior. why can't they make it the soft rubber like the previous generation of the gc overland. damn shame.
They are, 2007 upgrades for BOTH the XK and the WK include a return to the "soft touch plastics" found in the Chrysler 300 or in the older Grand Cherokees.

·
Registered
31 Posts
MoparMan420 said:
Whoever told you that is %100 incorrect. I have a black commander which is about 80 miles from me right now getting the:

Mirrors
roof rack caps
rear skid plate
rocker panels
rear hatch lid (thats black plastic on the 4.7's)

I'll post pics when done. You can totally do it, its costing me $425 paint included for the work.
Yes I'd definetly like to see that, also if you could ask what kind of process they used?Did they sand it down, or put some filler over it primed and paint it?
I cant stand the plastic, its gotta go!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can find out for you. Just so you know I do have the side body moldings (the ones that go on the doors) I could have him paint them (for a price of course :p ) and save you the trouble of having to explain the process to someone else and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
MoparMan420 said:
I can find out for you. Just so you know I do have the side body moldings (the ones that go on the doors) I could have him paint them (for a price of course :p ) and save you the trouble of having to explain the process to someone else and all that good stuff.
Thanks for offering, I'd be more then interested!Just let me know of the outcome, and how he un-installed all the plastic pieces , and I'll ship them your way.
Thanks Bro!

·
Registered
80 Posts
hi im in australia and am looking for a bull bar for my jc when i pack it up on the 18th july havent got any bars made for it in australia yet as they are too new. do they have alloy bars in the usa???

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
frank.a, there are no real bull bars here in the US for the Commander. The only option right now is the Mopar bar which is great looking and can be used to mount off-road lights but wouldn't provide much front protection from hitting a kangaroo.

You should call up your local mates at ARB and urge them to make bumpers for the WK, XK, and JK (like they currently do for the KJ, WJ, TJ, and XJ). Heck while they are at it have them make one for the Patriot (MK) too :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts