Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I want to start a new thread because I would like this to be just about aftermarket rims WITHOUT wheel spacers. And also, we're not supposed to hijack threads.:wink3:

I've seen the AEV XK and JK Pintlers used by members.

The JK Pintlers come in 3 colors. I prefer the dark ones.

TECH SPECS:
Manufacturing Process: Cast
Material: Aluminum
Coatings: Paint, Primer
Application: 2007-18 JK Wrangler
Size: 17" x 8.5"
Bolt Pattern: 5x5
Offset: +10mm
Approximate Backspacing: 5.2"

Posted by Matt_ in 02-21-2013:
(Stock XK wheels are 7.5" wide with 6" backspace (+44mm)

With 1.5" wheel spacers you have an effective 4.5" backspace, 3" front face.

The WK/XK Pintlers are 8.5" wide with 5.75" backspace and 2.75" front face.

So yup, those calcs are correct. if you take off your stock wheels+spacers and replace these with the Pintlers, you'll lose 1/4".

Now if you get the JK Pintlers instead (which i prefer), they're 5.25" backspace so they'll stick out 1/4" further than your current setup.)

This also posted by Matt_ on the same day:
(We've confirmed with AEV in the past that their website is incorrect. The posted offset is accurate but their backspace is off. I dont know why they haven't fixed it yet.... its been well over a year.

On TUJ there's a sticky with an excel spreadsheet i created that can be used to convert between offset/backspace and compare different wheel specs. Also converts tire sizes.)

And this:
(The XK Pintlers stick out 1.25" further than the stock wheels.

The JK Pintlers stick out 1.75" further than the stock wheels.

Neither stick out very far....

My wheels stick out 1.75" further than the stock wheels so these are equivalent to the JK Pintlers, and im running 275mm wide tires)

What other aftermarket rims are people using without wheel spacers? Please share pictures and specs.?

Thank-you.:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AEV JK Saverge. Same Specs as JK Pintlers.

TECH SPECS:
Material: A356/T6 Aluminum

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AEV JK Salta.
Website putting less specs. down but I imagine the same specs. as the JK Pintlers?
TECH SPECS:

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wheels

Hello,

I want to start a new thread because I would like this to be just about aftermarket rims WITHOUT wheel spacers. And also, we're not supposed to hijack threads.:wink3:

I've seen the AEV XK and JK Pintlers used by members.

The JK Pintlers come in 3 colors. I prefer the dark ones.

TECH SPECS:

Posted by Matt_ in 02-21-2013:
(Stock XK wheels are 7.5" wide with 6" backspace (+44mm)

With 1.5" wheel spacers you have an effective 4.5" backspace, 3" front face.

The WK/XK Pintlers are 8.5" wide with 5.75" backspace and 2.75" front face.

So yup, those calcs are correct. if you take off your stock wheels+spacers and replace these with the Pintlers, you'll lose 1/4".

Now if you get the JK Pintlers instead (which i prefer), they're 5.25" backspace so they'll stick out 1/4" further than your current setup.)

This also posted by Matt_ on the same day:
(We've confirmed with AEV in the past that their website is incorrect. The posted offset is accurate but their backspace is off. I dont know why they haven't fixed it yet.... its been well over a year.

On TUJ there's a sticky with an excel spreadsheet i created that can be used to convert between offset/backspace and compare different wheel specs. Also converts tire sizes.)

And this:
(The XK Pintlers stick out 1.25" further than the stock wheels.

The JK Pintlers stick out 1.75" further than the stock wheels.

Neither stick out very far....

My wheels stick out 1.75" further than the stock wheels so these are equivalent to the JK Pintlers, and im running 275mm wide tires)

What other aftermarket rims are people using without wheel spacers? Please share pictures and specs.?

Thank-you.:smile2:
I wanted to clarify, that this thread is intended to share aftermarket wheels used or could be used that would give the similar dimensions of stock wheels plus 1.25"+ wheel spacers. Most folks here use 1.25" to 1.5" high quality, hub centric, wheel spacers such as Spidertrax. But for those that are looking NOT to use wheel spacers but have the same effects as one.

Maybe just for a bit greater stance or the ability to install bigger tires than stock with a lifted Commander. Or both?

Here's a quote from 07JeepXK, answering ocmbd in March 2011 about what wheels would he require if removing his 1.5" spacers to keep the same "look" and getting 265/70R17 tires.:

"A 17x8 with +6mm offset (4.7 inches of back spacing) would be identical to your current package with 17x7.5 oem wheels with 1.5 inch spacers on 265/70R17's. It's probablly going to be hard to find a 17x8 with +6mm offset so you'll have to find something close to that."

Kind Regards,
Kemmer:smile2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts