Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love this vehicle. Two weeks ago today I purchased a 2006 Commander 4.7 with under 36,000 miles. I am 6' 7", so I like the amount of head and leg room. The Commander rides nicely through city traffic and is comfortable on the highway as well. Averaging 14.8 mpg so far. The stereo has good sound quality and with the sun roof open, the wind noise is not as bad as I thought. For mods, I am going to replace the stock head light bulbs with hid's, add mud flaps and change the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That's a nice looking Commander. Now all you need to do is go out and buy a lift and some mud tires!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I also picked mine up on the 6th of Jun this year.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice looking Commander, start a garage thread and keep us posted with your mods and outings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the 4.7 on my '02 Grand Cherokee and that is more than enough umph for day to day driving. Yours has 305 hp....so I'm sure you didn't need the HEMI other than to say "Yeah, its a HEMI." :rofl:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have the 4.7 on my '02 Grand Cherokee and that is more than enough umph for day to day driving. Yours has 305 hp....so I'm sure you didn't need the HEMI other than to say "Yeah, its a HEMI." :rofl:
The 2006 4.7 Liter engine only has 235 HP. They didnt come out with the 305 HP engine until 2008.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Moving from a Hemi Limited Grand Cherokee to my 4.7 commander has been an improvement in my mind. The space is the best part. The head room(I'm 6'3") is so much better. The WK was cramped. The Hemi was very thristy. I wanted the 4.7 thinking it would get better mpg. Typically I average 20mpg going to work. I'm not the least dissapointed in it's power. I would like to upgarde to a CAI, though.
p.s. I like your wheels.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I"m glad you are enjoying the Commander so far :) It's a nice lookin vehicle for sure, and the head room is especially a plus!! I noticed or think I noticed that your license plate is MA issue, and you may be a statie :D What part of MA are you from?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I"m glad you are enjoying the Commander so far :) It's a nice lookin vehicle for sure, and the head room is especially a plus!! I noticed or think I noticed that your license plate is MA issue, and you may be a statie :D What part of MA are you from?
The head room is good with this vehicle. I reside in the Berkshires.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Cold Air Intake...to replace the plastic housing and stock air filter.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks Huey Guy... I've got too many acronyms running around my head already :)

mb1k
1,500 SH-60B Helo Time...

·
2,248 Posts
Blackhawk was my call sign back in 69-71. That was quite a while before the Blackhawk was designed or built.

Here is the Blackhawks home page:

http://sandersusa.com/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts