Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been looking for and aftermarket exhaust but can only find one and that is dynomax. I was wondering if any of the V8 exhaust will work on the V6 from the cat back. If so what are the part # and manufactures names. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I believe Gibson also as a catback exhaust system.

However, I would just get an aftermarket muffler to improve the exhaust sound. There are a lot more choices.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just grabbed a aftermarket muffler with 2.5 inlet and outlet and welded it up. Had to add a little pipe but it worked out nicely. Because i went with a thrush glass pack it was only a 25 dollar mod. I would think the v6 would work just as easy, maybe just a different size pipe.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The exhaust is already 2.5 inches so a whole aftermarket exhaust system is not needed unless you want it pretty under there.
I put a Flowmaster on mine and like everyone else, it just requires a bit of extra pipe. It also is way smaller and has less chance of catching if you go off-road

·
Registered
28 Posts
i just added a cherry bomb glass pack to my commander.
$30 for every thing, just welded it up myself.
it sounds better and the dash says i'm still getting 17.9 miles to the gal.
doing the intake in the morning.
i'll try to post a vid of how it sounds after words.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the flange that came on the glass pack did not line up so i cut the stock on off the muffler and wielded them together.
i'll clean them up and paint them in the morning.
added a bit of pipe, a new tip and it was good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts