1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
554 Posts
They look great. I'd go with them. The top of my headlights are starting to get that yellowish haze.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Hello, Ahmed ! Good to see you here ! You haven't posted in a long time.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, Ahmed ! Good to see you here ! You haven't posted in a long time.

Yes you are right. If you remember I bought a Jeep Wrangler beginning of 2013 and it got all my attention and the Commander got neglected a bit .. I sold my Wrangler couple of months back and got a Nissan Armada as a family car and Commander is now my 4x4 machine and started to restore it and maintain it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I ordered some from ebay but they have the chrome look inside like the OME and they worked great only thing is that the top part to access the bulbs is stuck on, you need to break the clips and you can reuse your original flap.

·
Banned
13 Posts
I just bought a pair of these head lights and I was wondering around how much time I'm looking at to install them myself. Anyone out there who has swapped out their headlights?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm about to install two brand new, genuine Mopar headlamp assemblies in ours. I'll no more after the weekend.

The labor time guide I have says 0.3 hours per side. That's the "warranty" pay, and that's generally stingy. I'd guess under an hour to do both, though. From what I saw, they don't look too difficult. It looks like all the fasteners are reachable because there's a lot of room in front of the core support. It should be possible without taking much (if anything) out of the engine compartment.

·
Banned
13 Posts
I just installed them and it took me 3 hours. 1.5 hours per side but I didn't take off the bumper completely. Kind of a pain in the ass but they look nice. Makes the jeep look new lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I just bought a pair of these head lights and I was wondering around how much time I'm looking at to install them myself. Anyone out there who has swapped out their headlights?
I have those same headlights, you'll love them.

Had mine installed at the dealership; I can't see it being to incredibly complicated though once you pull the grille off.

You could possibly have to drop the bumper cover as well, but again, not that big of a deal.

·
Banned
13 Posts
I have those same headlights, you'll love them.

Had mine installed at the dealership; I can't see it being to incredibly complicated though once you pull the grille off.

You could possibly have to drop the bumper cover as well, but again, not that big of a deal.
Yeah I partially removed the bumper just enough to get to all of the screws. I believe it was 3 per housing. Blue, how much did the dealership charge if you don't mind my asking

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Yeah I partially removed the bumper just enough to get to all of the screws. I believe it was 3 per housing. Blue, how much did the dealership charge if you don't mind my asking
I had that job done with several other upgrades all at once, so unfortunately, I can't tell you what that particular job cost me.

If I was home, I could pull out the receipt and see how many hrs labor they charged me - but I'm overseas until sometime next month.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought about getting these too... gotta do something to break up the plain white of the front end!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I wouldn't mind picking up a pair of these I think they would look nice against my chrome grill, kind of break up all the shiny on the front end.

Mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have those headlights and they scatter light everywhere and not down the road as far as the oe lights do.

Now that you guys have had these for a while, anyone else have this issue?
My stock ones are starting to look pretty bad and the light output has significantly declined, but light scattering has been an issue for me in the past with other vehicle's aftermarket lights...

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I replaced mine and it took the better part of the morning. The driver side was the hardest. Took a while to figure out where the back bracket was located.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Have those headlights and they scatter light everywhere and not down the road as far as the oe lights do.

Now that you guys have had these for a while, anyone else have this issue?
My stock ones are starting to look pretty bad and the light output has significantly declined, but light scattering has been an issue for me in the past with other vehicle's aftermarket lights...
I got these cuz of the hazy issue as well and i was skeptical about the scattered light comment mentioned, but I’m glad I bought them. They have the same light pattern as the stock ones. However when I first installed them they were aimed a little low. Just adjusted them with a screwdriver and they work great. Definitely would recommend.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I got these cuz of the hazy issue as well and i was skeptical about the scattered light comment mentioned, but I’m glad I bought them. They have the same light pattern as the stock ones. However when I first installed them they were aimed a little low. Just adjusted them with a screwdriver and they work great. Definitely would recommend.
True statement.

You have any pics?

Also @Silahua; Please update your profile in accordance with forum rules a.s.a.p. please.

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/63025-required-reading-new-member-introduction-post-other-important-new-member-info.html

1 - 20 of 32 Posts