Jeep Commander Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
15,932 Posts
Yes ,,, good point , I now recall that difference, I think the bulb sockets are different !
Maybe that was it. I don't really remember, just that they were different. somehow.

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
Yes ,,, good point , I now recall that difference, I think the bulb sockets are different !
I don't think that will have any bearing on the headlight housings themselves - they should still be the same I would think.

·
Administrator
15,932 Posts
@Ahmed See this old thread. The XH has an extra bulb that the XK does not have. You even posted in the thread.--->Bulb changing

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
Ahmed said:
@Ahmed See this old thread. The XH has an extra bulb that the XK does not have. You even posted in the thread.--->Bulb changing

@jeep5253; @Ahmed;

For what it's worth - These are actually listed as Commander "European" Headlight Housings;

And yes, these are the same headlight assemblies that I listed before.

Ahmed said:
Yes the XH (European specs) has a third small bulb for "park light" ,, the US one has the park light on the side orange lights.
Now that I completely read what Ahmed actually wrote in that old thread, XK's headlights/parklights also have a third bulb for the park-light/turn signal - and there is a spot for that bulb in the orange park light part of the headlight assembly, so, I don't see how the XH's headlight/park light set-up is any different from the XK's headlight/park-light set-up. See the image below - the blue circles are where the park light/turn signal bulbs would sit;

As far as the actual structural design of these housings, I'm very confident, that these Spyder "Euro" headlight housings, would work just fine on an XK or an XH, as they were designed to.

If I missed something - and there is some extra (4th) bulb somewhere that I overlooked, I would simply cut the extra socket off and use a wire nut, to safely cap that extra wire;

So, If you follow my suggestion, that extra bulb/socket (if there is one) wouldn't affect anything, one way or the other.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts