Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have an aftermarket in-dash navigation unit or have the MyGig unit you can add thermal nightvision to your commander.

Check out the Pathfinder system from FLIR: http://www.cvs.flir.com/dve/

Very Slick!

·
Registered
258 Posts
thats pretty cool.

Would that work with a 2007 nav?

I think it'd be great for the rearview camera. You guys notice how tough it is to make stuff out at night with the factory one...not quite as clear, especially with rain on the lens. It's still good and better than nothing, but looks washed out or something.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hemi-Overland said:
thats pretty cool.

Would that work with a 2007 nav?

I think it'd be great for the rearview camera. You guys notice how tough it is to make stuff out at night with the factory one...not quite as clear, especially with rain on the lens. It's still good and better than nothing, but looks washed out or something.
The late 2006 or any 2007 navigation might work. You could probably easily use it to replace the rear camera -- for a front firing camera you would need to figure out how to turn on the input manually instead of only when you were in reverse. I am sure it wouldn't be too difficult if you have some exprience with wiring.

The early 2006 navigation units lack any video input functionality so it wouldn't work with those.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just called them... It's around $4000.00 uninstalled and if you want it you need to call or go to www.navtv.com. They can set up an appt. for you to get one into a local shop. They said most shops don't have them on shelf because of price.

·
Registered
258 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
The late 2006 or any 2007 navigation might work. You could probably easily use it to replace the rear camera -- for a front firing camera you would need to figure out how to turn on the input manually instead of only when you were in reverse. I am sure it wouldn't be too difficult if you have some exprience with wiring.

The early 2006 navigation units lack any video input functionality so it wouldn't work with those.

Well, I have been known to hook up a VCR now and then. PLUS, I replaced a light bulb yesterday in my son's nightlight. No sweat.:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts