Jeep Commander Forum banner

Aftermarket Leather?

5K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  a49erFan 
#1 ·
I bought a Commander with almost everything I could get save leather. Anyone know of a company that makes leather seat kits to recover? Love the Saddle and would like to add.....I almost bought a JGC a few years ago and the dealer said he could add leather for $1000. Wonder if that option is available with the commander?

Thanks Guys....

#4 ·
I think $1,000 would be worth it. That sounds pretty cheap. I have no expertise or experience in leather recovering though. I think it would be nice to add some contrasting leather inserts to my limited, and make it sportier...

#5 ·
A $1000 seems about right to have the job done by a speciality shop. I've seem other quotes for this job and they were all around $1000. On some cars, you can buy the leather kit and install it yourself. I've seen these packages for around $500 or maybe slight more. Check eBay.

A word of warning. IF you have side airbags (I'm not sure if they are standard equipment on all models,) you should have the work done by someone who really knows what they are doing. The seat stitching has to be done right or the side air bags will NOT inflate in the correct manner. At least this is what I've be told.

#6 ·
I talked to my dealer and they have a contractor in town that does it for 1300, all three seats. Great quality leather. They have a set that will mimmic the saddle for 1750, excellent leather. My wife and I decided on a contrasting color and are going to order next week. 1375 for the set installed and perforated inserts. I'll post picts if anyone's interested.
Thanks for the help...

#9 ·
I had mine done with black leather, cost me about $1100 looks great.I would have a shop to do it as you have to disassemble everything and install the leathr outside the car.
Indo

#14 ·
I would love to swap out for the Saddle Brown, just can't justify the cost to replace perfectly good leather seats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.