Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever look at these aftermarket park assist modules with moving grid lines? I did a search on the forums and came up with nada - which makes me wonder if there is something obvious about how these work that would make them incompatible with the Commander. Here's one example:

https://www.tadibrothers.com/products/parking-assist-system-with-moving-gridlines-obd-ii

Of course, this requires that you have a rear camera and video display capability already on board. Any thoughts on this? Seems like it would be a decent "modernization" upgrade if it works.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
Anyone ever look at these aftermarket park assist modules with moving grid lines? I did a search on the forums and came up with nada - which makes me wonder if there is something obvious about how these work that would make them incompatible with the Commander. Here's one example:

https://www.tadibrothers.com/products/parking-assist-system-with-moving-gridlines-obd-ii

Of course, this requires that you have a rear camera and video display capability already on board. Any thoughts on this? Seems like it would be a decent "modernization" upgrade if it works.
My girlfriend has a 2014 Toyota Rav 4 that has something similiar to this with grid lines on the back-up camera display.

It looks pretty cool, as long as they say that it's compatible with Commanders, I'd give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Big Blue. I'm thinking about dropping in the new Alpine iLX-107 to get the wireless Apple CarPlay. Once I pull the trigger on that, I'm going to give this a shot at the same time. I'll report back once done.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
Thanks, Big Blue. I'm thinking about dropping in the new Alpine iLX-107 to get the wireless Apple CarPlay. Once I pull the trigger on that, I'm going to give this a shot at the same time. I'll report back once done.
Looking forward to the update Magnum - along with some pics.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
@Magnum6;

Did you ever complete the upgrade to the aftermarket park assist module with moving grid lines?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts