Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: Eurostyle antenna from ebay

I have something very similar on my other suv. Works well. On the freeway since it is flexable, it bends with the wind. maximo

·
Registered
195 Posts

Got one at a Shucks Auto Sup. for about $10. Works fine, after a few hundred miles at freeway speeds, it has a permanent "list" to the rear.

·
Registered
71 Posts

I paid $4 at my local Fleet Farm. I agree that after a few miles it has a permanent "list" to it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Stubby polished antenna anyone?

Has anyone on this forum installed an aftermarket antenna? one smaller maybe 6'' or so? If so can u post a pic?

SHiny

·
Super Moderator
14,963 Posts
I got the short black rubber one from antennaX on ebay. It works great and looks great too. I'll try to get a pic this week.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
shineyblackhemi....i haven't installed one on my commander yet, but i installed a 6'' one on my other car and it looks great....gives it a lot more sporty look.....i also saw the one's they had on ebay, but found the same one's at Autozone for $8....

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I got the short black on on Ebay too.. .lemme see if I can link some pics...

This is what it looks like in the mountains...

Not polished, but stubby. My only complaint is that after a few hours at 70mph in sub zero weather, it takes some time to get back to vertical.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I've gotten spoiled by the Sirius radio... I'm going to get a stainless cap screw and just take mine off and throw it in with the jack (in case the Sirius dies...) ;)

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i took my antenna off. i have sirius. i can't live without it where i live.

all we have for music is:

country
soft rock
classic rock

i would kill myself without sirius, Rush Limbaugh, and the sound of wind.

·
Registered
456 Posts
So these have just as good performance?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
webslave said:
I've gotten spoiled by the Sirius radio... I'm going to get a stainless cap screw and just take mine off and throw it in with the jack (in case the Sirius dies...) ;)
I considered the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
14,963 Posts
Command This. said:
So these have just as good performance?
If you're referring to the short rubber antennas the answer is yes. I think the performance of the antennaX antenna is better than stock.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would like to get a shorty antenna for mine, what has the best reception?

·
Super Moderator
14,963 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I would like to get a shorty antenna for mine, what has the best reception?
I picked up a 6" Billet off eBay and notice no difference from factory.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i picked up a rubber antenna from autozone to replace the factory one and had alittle trouble taking it off, but i just used a pair of pliers and it came right off. the reception with the shorty antenna is just as good as with the stock one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I used to own a 97 Explorer, and my antenna was bent backwards from the wind resistance. I ended up buying a short stub 13 inch antenna which was a bit thicker than the stock provided, however looked better and didnt bend backwards. May sound odd, but has anyone purchased one for the Commander?

http://zeusantenna.com/home.html?gclid=CPvN1vXm3pcCFQrFGgodShAGCw

:stickpoke:

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that the length of an antenna is important to pull in different frequency ranges. So if you change the length, you might change the reception of your radio. If you live close to a major city, this may not be a problem, but if you're not too close to the radio transmitters, you might not be able to get the stations as well.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts