Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to wire up my Kenwood ddx android auto head unit so it will auto dim when I turn on the head lights. Is there a wire in the factory harness I can wire into or do I have to get a canbus adaptor? Install has gone good otherwise.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My 06 had a wire for dimming the aftermarket 7" screen. Had Factory NAV with Boston sound and amp. Depends on the year and sound in your XK.

I will say this. The screen dimmed in the daytime (I use my headlights / fogs during the day sometimes depending on the weather) makes the radio impossible to see. Kinda wish I hadn't tied in the radio to the dimmer as I would have preferred to control the brightness in settings rather than having it so dim when I run my headlights / fogs. All radios are different though and mine just might dim more than other brands. Dims much more than the factory NAV did.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you need to tell us at least the year of your XK. Things changed in 08.
It is a 2006 Limited w/ nav. I removed the factory amp.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 06 had a wire for dimming the aftermarket 7" screen. Had Factory NAV with Boston sound and amp. Depends on the year and sound in your XK.

I will say this. The screen dimmed in the daytime (I use my headlights / fogs during the day sometimes depending on the weather) makes the radio impossible to see. Kinda wish I hadn't tied in the radio to the dimmer as I would have preferred to control the brightness in settings rather than having it so dim when I run my headlights / fogs. All radios are different though and mine just might dim more than other brands. Dims much more than the factory NAV did.
What wire on the factory radio harness did you tap into?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts