Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all of you members using Mopar factory syn oil or are some of you using aftermarket like Amsoil and such? Thanks.

Mark

·
Administrator
15,241 Posts
Mobil 1 Extended Service Full Synthetic.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Extended Service

I think my oil is called High Mileage at 75,000, that may have been true 20 years ago but that seems a bit early with today's engines. I have 94,000 and don't feel it is in the high mileage group, anyone know the new cut off and the advantage or disadvantage?

swanny

·
Banned
10 Posts
I switched to valvoline full synthetic. I was running mobile 1 but it kept disappearing. Valvoline seams to stick around better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for your replys, have you noticed any benefits from doing so? How about your differentials has any been using aftermarket syn oil there? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought my jeep with 26,800 miles on it in 2012 and immediately put Royal Purple 5w-20 in it. Have run that ever since with oil changes every 7500 miles (give or take 200 miles) with either K&N filter or WIX filter. It has 163K on it now and other than an initial tick at startup that is just a slight exhaust leak from the infamous header bolt issue, it still runs like a top.

At 65K i swapped out the differential fluids with Royal Purple 75w-140, and both the transmission and transfer case fluids with Castrol Transmax ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought my jeep with 26,800 miles on it in 2012 and immediately put Royal Purple 5w-20 in it. Have run that ever since with oil changes every 7500 miles (give or take 200 miles) with either K&N filter or WIX filter. It has 163K on it now and other than an initial tick at startup that is just a slight exhaust leak from the infamous header bolt issue, it still runs like a top.

At 65K i swapped out the differential fluids with Royal Purple 75w-140, and both the transmission and transfer case fluids with Castrol Transmax ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid.

Thanks for this Rifle I have a front axle seal leaking and I need to add some fluid to the diff and the p.o doesn't know what the oil change shop used when they serviced it. However I do have some Chevron gear oil that I use in my Mack dump that is suppose to be safe mixed with synthetic oil I'll have to go and read the specs. on it. I have a 95 Dodge 1 ton and it has the 5 spd. trans. and you here these story's about if you don't use Mopar trans. fluid you'll blow your trans, thanks again Rifle.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Fritcion additive

There is a chance that you need to add some friction additive, depending on your drive line needs. I know QD-2 needs it.

Swanny

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I think I just figured out how I'm getting the to small of a post. Almost every time I post and do a quote is when I have this problem.

Not so lucky Inferno my big Hemi came equipped with the little QT2's at least that's what I know about it so far it does have the 10 bolt rears.

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts