Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend an after market warranty for my 2006 jeep commander limited? Are after market warranties honored or voided with modifications (Lift, etc)?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I'd go through the dealership - just to be sure, but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
does anyone know anything about a non factory warranty? I just bought my commander with 50k on it and purchased a used car powertrain warranty through AutoRX. im currently scouring the fine print but just wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge on the subject.

thanks

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
does anyone know anything about a non factory warranty? I just bought my commander with 50k on it and purchased a used car powertrain warranty through AutoRX. im currently scouring the fine print but just wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge on the subject.

thanks
Don't you think you should have read it FIRST?

Seriously, most offer the same protection as a factory warranty so you should be okay however they can deny anything they want too so you need to contact them and ask the question.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
The only time they can void a warranty for adding something like a CAI is if something breaks on the vehicle and they can prove without a doubt that specific part caused the failure.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
i read the warranty but there's no mention of aftermarket parts so I was just wondering if anyone had run into a similar issue. thanks for the input

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Actually a aftermarket warranty can (and does) deny anything they want.
If they deny a claim and say it's because of a mod, you have to prove, at your expense, that they are wrong.
Good luck with that.....they have more money in their war chest than you, most likely.

Manufacturer warrantys use the mindset: pay what we owe and nothing less and if we have to go to court to support a denial, pay the claim.

Aftermarket: pay no claims unless it is a cut and dried failure based on our contract terms.....period.
There are several members who have experienced the latter.

Buyer Beware,
Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only time they can void a warranty for adding something like a CAI is if something breaks on the vehicle and they can prove without a doubt that specific part caused the failure.
While that is very true, they can also refuse to pay a warranty claim. In that case, you are going to have to pay for the repair out-of-pocket and then go through an appeal process.

There is a lot of good information about this available here: http://www.autoguide.com/buyers-guide/warranty-denied-881.html

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
As pointed out, there is a BIG difference in the FACTORY warranty and an AFTERMARKET warranty, they each have their own rules.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Moved this discussion to the AFTERMARKET Thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts