Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure that this is the correct section of the forum, but the other threads started here.

Instead of putting this in a PM, I am starting this thread for those that have any item that they want to send to Ahmed. Also I am posting it here to track anything that Ahmed wants to add to his wish list and to show the status of his parts arrival at the plant.

For those that want to send items.

Calutech Mobile Solutions Inc.
3550 179th Street Unit C
Hammond, Indiana 46323
219-845-1695

The plant is located on the south service road of I-80 between Kennedy and Kline.

Mark the box, letter, or package "Attn Ahmed Shipment"

The shipment is scheduled to leave at the end of the month.

Ahmed, You should post the status of anything you have ordered. I listed some web sites in another post to give you a starting place for getting the items together. If you have any trouble and need a US billing address or help in getting the companies to sell to you, PM me for help.

Time will soon be running out for insuring that the ordered parts get to the plant on time to make the connection. There will be many more shipments later, but the big delivery will probably be about 6 months off.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a copy of the post on what in on his wish list.

Ahmed,

Here is a starting point for most of your parts on the wish list, including the Hemi.
I think all of these places take paypal.

And the items which are in my list (not all confirmed are):

1-Molded Running boards

/www.autotrucktoys.com/jeep_commander/Mopar-OEM-Jeep-Commander-Molded-Running-Boards-06-Up-P10426C3344.aspx

I am adding nerf bars if you want them instead of the running boards

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/jeep_co...ars-C3366.aspx

2-Ceramic pads and maybe ceramic roters too

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/20A50531A1.aspx

3-K&N intake (but still not sure how good it is!)

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/jeep_co...ems-C4012.aspx

4-Rear aftermarket hitch

5-rear sway bar disconnects

http://www.tellico4x4.com/index.php/cPath/91_2274

6-Old Man Emu struts and shocks (to complete the OME kit)

7-may be the 1/4" spacers that robby makes to get little lift from the front (the coils are getting soft)

8-some other small items like spark plugs and Trail-Rated badge

................. What about a HEMI engine

http://www.mopartsracing.com/parts/blocks.html

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hmm only thing I have atm is a CampCommander sticker... You want it Ahmed? if so its in the mail my treat!

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Ross said he had a "Trail rated badge" that he would send.

Anything that gets to the plant on time will get in the shipment. Might have a little trouble with a Hemi crate motor.....but I will figure it out.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I will donate the new set of UCA's that I got from Ross. They are still in the FedEx box and I can carry them to the plant on my next trip up to Chicago. I usually do not get that radical off road anyway and mostly bought them to help Ross in his business.

I do not run over Pink Jeeps like someone else, who shall go unnamed even though he did break down doing it.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It will be interesting to watch this process. Nice of you to do this Huey.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
HueyPilotVN,, again thank you very very much for this kind profitless effort, I really appreciate it. and thank you so much for the UCA's.

Sure I will keep you updated about anything I buy and ship it your address.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Hmm only thing I have atm is a CampCommander sticker... You want it Ahmed? if so its in the mail my treat!
Thank you so much AKFossil, but unfortunately I can't join your camps, so if there another one who needs it it might better.

Cico will send me some JeepCommander.com stickers

·
Registered
2,194 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I will donate the new set of UCA's that I got from Ross. They are still in the FedEx box and I can carry them to the plant on my next trip up to Chicago. I usually do not get that radical off road anyway and mostly bought them to help Ross in his business.

I do not run over Pink Jeeps like someone else, who shall go unnamed even though he did break down doing it.
Are you refering to the uni-ball UCA's? If I would have known you were going to send them off I would have bought them. Oh well at least they are going to Ahmed!:bowdown:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Regarding the Molded Running boards, I found this in eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310035114008

As per the caculater in the item page, it costs $23.52 for shipment to Huey address by UPS Ground. So the total will be $372.32

What you guys think about it? ,, I have never bought something from eBay!
eBay is very safe for the most part, I have purchased and sold well over 100 items. As long as the item price is good for you and would say go for it.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I am not sure that this is the correct section of the forum, but the other threads started here.
I moved it to off topic since the buy /sell is for members to buy & sell. Great thread however.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good, I have those in my Commander and they are brighter. I will make sure Monday that the receiving departments at the plant knows to watch for these.

Now that you have a start, I will match your purchases, When you get past 600 I will throw in the diff cover from Ross with powdercoating and the mountian logo. I am not trying to get you to spend money, just an offer so that you can really mod your Commander more. When we meet in Dubai, you might want to leave your wife at home or she might shoot me....lol Just kidding.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Good, I have those in my Commander and they are brighter. I will make sure Monday that the receiving departments at the plant knows to watch for these.

Now that you have a start, I will match your purchases, When you get past 600 I will throw in the diff cover from Ross with powdercoating and the mountian logo. I am not trying to get you to spend money, just an offer so that you can really mod your Commander more. When we meet in Dubai, you might want to leave your wife at home or she might shoot me....lol Just kidding.
Huey, Thank you so much for your offer I really appreciate it , The UCAs are are already very expensive items! and your help in getting the items shipped means and worth alot to me. So please keep the diff cover as I won't make use of it as most of my off-roading is on sand and we don't do rock crawling in here.

Thanks alot.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you have a portable air compressor for airing back up after running on the sand dunes?

How about a blow up bed for the back of the Commander?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Do you have a portable air compressor for airing back up after running on the sand dunes?

How about a blow up bed for the back of the Commander?
I do have the portable air compressor but I'm planing to get a better on soon.

I remember your very cheap and good compressor you posted its pics before, How is it doing so far? is it good? I plan for a two cylinder one which works very fast.

regarding the air bed, I never sleep in the Commander and I like to sleep outside in a sleeping bag some times in a small tent.

But the air bed is a very good idea and I thought it about it for my next trip in central Europe next June (without the commander for sure :)). What is the size of the bed? and how much it costs?

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do not remember the dimensions of the bed. It does fit well in the space of the Commander. I posted a few pictures of it in a thread about the storage box.

I do not remember the price, but I will just go ahead and put it in the roll around storage bag that I used for my aluminum case for the compressor and send it along. It has a built in pump that inflates quickly. I can also put the UCA's in that same bag still in the UPS box. Easy way to carry it up to the plant in checked baggage.

So start looking for some other stuff. You might PM Robby about the spacers.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am not sure if we have time but I can also ask one of the metal shop guys at the plant to put you together a third row storage box made with aluminum. They are all really scrambling to finish the demo unit for Dubai, but we might have time.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts