Jeep Commander Forum banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
My Friend you are certainly welcome. It has become an epic tale, International in scope.....LOL

When It comes to playing with Jeeps in the sand, I guess we are all brothers......and it is not as if we gave you a Jeep or anything.....wait GP did give you a Jeep...........

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Well thanks for the compliment Ahmed,
Now I can add shipping clerk to my resume'
I was very concerned about getting the R/C Jeep packed.
Even though I made every effort to help it survive the trip, I would not have been too surprised if it came through kind of roughed up.
Kind of amazing though......I never thought I'd succeed in compressing that much stuff down to that measurement.

I think you need another Commander soon since you now are fully prepared to modify it.

Glad it all worked out though, and again, glad I could be a part of it,

Rob

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Hi Ahmed,

I was thinking about you and your shipment just yesterday, wondering when it would arrive. Enjoy everything.

GP

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
You are very welcome my friend. I just wish it could have been more.
Okay GP, spill it where did you get that!!!.

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Thanks 5253.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
I just reread the entire 19 pages of this saga. It took over a year for him to get his parts and just before Ahmed got his shipment he rolled his Commander in the Sand Dunes.

If we had only known and sent it by the method that Robby used he would have had his parts much sooner. Of course he still might have rolled his Commander with all his new parts installed

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I was thinking the same thing Huey. Just like when I wrecked mine. The day I wrecked it the jeepcommander.com decal showed up in the mail from cico7.

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
This is a long thread. Ahmed did get another Commander and I thought the new guys might enjoy this epic story.

Also if any of us find ourselves in Saudi Arabia in trouble we mightg need to call Ahmed...LOL

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
This is a long thread. Ahmed did get another Commander and I thought the new guys might enjoy this epic story.

Also if any of us find ourselves in Saudi Arabia in trouble we mightg need to call Ahmed...LOL
That was really nice of all people contributed in that shipment, I was really proud and fortunate to be here and those guys .. especially Huey and rooby

and you don't need to be trouble to call me :) ,, just call me and we can go for a tour in and out of the city

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
I just reread this entire 20 page saga.

Gave me a good feeling and I am getting so old that I did not remember how it ended...LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
I just reread this entire 20 page saga.

Gave me a good feeling and I am getting so old that I did not remember how it ended...LOL
That was surely a nice gesture on your part Bill;

The saddest part of this is, last time I talked to Ahmed, which was this past March, he barely drives his XK anymore, I guess he has not been able to maintain it very well over the years;

Ahmed said:
Hi ,, Yes I still own it ,, but rarely used and not in very good condition ,, I need to do some restoration job

181 - 193 of 193 Posts