Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
Just bought my Commander a couple of weeks ago and I love it. There are a couple small issues but nothing crazy. As I am working through the small things to fix I am upon my first head scratcher.

Its a 2006 Limited with a 4.7.
No matter what setting the climate control is on the AC/Heat is always coming through the feet vents.:dunno: The air does come through whichever vent is selected but it only seems to be around half the air it should be due to the rest of the air coming through the feet vent. I don't think its the blend door since the AC is cold when selected and the heat works as well. I have not found much on this issue nor have I talked to anyone who has a fix. Any help is appreciated. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

·
Registered
225 Posts
The blend doors are driven by actuators, and those are run by the heater/ac control panel. My '06 was stuck on hot, and a replacement panel cured the problem. Found it on the internet for less than half of dealer price. Just curious, was there a clicking noise before your heater started acting up? That is the sound of an actuator motor being driven past it's stops. If you heard that, it is probably the control panel going nuts.
I posted some info on climate control diagnostics on this forum a while back: http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28298&highlight=hvac+self+test

1 - 2 of 2 Posts