Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just picked up our JC, equipped with the 3.7 L V6. We live in Arizona and are somewhat concerned that the AC may not be strong enough to offest the oppressive summer heat we exprience in this part of the country.

Any comperable climate/experience with the JC or helpful insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
We have had over 20 days straight of 100 degrees or more and real high humidity AC kept up quite well. AC was not on high setting or using rear AC to balance. I think you will be fine!:D

·
Registered
473 Posts
i live near pittsburgh, Pa and we normally only have a few days over 90 all summer and i noticed my JC struggling to cool down. it seems like it took about 1/2 hour to cool down. as for short trips to the grocery store, forget it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Must be a 3.7 - V6 thing. Our 4.7 cools great. My Liberty has the 3.7 which also cools great/small area to cool. I wonder if there's a difference in the size of the AC compressors of the v6 & v8 motors?

·
Registered
541 Posts
We had a few really hot days in Jersey this summer, my V6 had no trouble at all cooling down. I do have the rear unit as well which I used in extremely hot days. So I am not really sure it could be a V6 thing. Rear unit does help a lot though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It was 92 down here in south texas today, and I had to turn the AC down, my legs were freezing. I have a V-6. I can't see it being a problem!

·
Registered
473 Posts
i have rear air also but it might not have been turned on. i'll try it and let you know in about 10 months.:p

i'm used to driving my rickup that cools extremely fast and also a crown vic police package that is like sitting in a freezer. that is the coldest A/C i have ever seen.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I read somewhere that it works better on recirc mode. I always use it on that mode so that might explain why mine works great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts