Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have done many things cosmetically to my XK and once the nerf bars go on I am pretty much finished. However, I'd like to do a few things performance wise which brings me to my question.

Is replacing the Air Intake worth the cash? I'd only be puchasing it and installing myself.

If it is worth it what brand is most suggested for Hemi XK's? I am leaning towards the Airaid

Thanks in advance for help or direction

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after doing some reviewing of old forums it seems many go with the K&N. On carid.com there are multiple K&N CAI's for the XK. Any idea of what would be the best choice?

·
Registered
321 Posts
So after doing some reviewing of old forums it seems many go with the K&N. On carid.com there are multiple K&N CAI's for the XK. Any idea of what would be the best choice?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-N-63-1549-JEEP-SUVs-Performance-Intake-Kit-/190684554720?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c65af65e0&vxp=mtr

Thats the one you should get IMO. I was once told not to get the polished aluminum ones because they heat up more. Plus, I have the same intake for my 4.7 and I got 1.5 MPG more and the sound was amazing.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for your reply I will check this one out. I am removing the snorkal that connects to the Air Intake while I install Off Road Lights so with all of that plus the K&N CAI I hope to enjoy the outcomes :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts