Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about adding an Airaid Intake System to my 06 Commander with a 5.7L Hemi. Has anyone made these modifications or is thinking about something similar? I have been quoted in the $700 range for intake & exhaust parts and I was thinking about having someone do the installation as well so we are probably talking about over a thousand dollars total.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Re: Airaid Intake & Magnaflow Exhaust System

There are several threads on this subject, You can do these simple installations yourself with the information on those threads. Go to the search button up top and type in Airaid or Magnaflow and you will find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
480 Posts

I have both and the cai is a simple bolt on, the hardest part is installing the sensor in the grommet, use a little grease or similar. The magnaflow should be a simple bolt on for the cat back. If you have a socket set you should be able to do it. I just replaced the muffler instead of the cat back and paid a local shop to do the cut and weld for the install. Cost was 350-400 for the muffler, muffler install, and cai. As always search the threads for particular product quirks on install.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

I found that if you apply a small amount of liquid dish soap to the sensor it will slide right in and you can turn it to make sure the correct end is up.

·
Registered
379 Posts

CAI is quite simple even if the instructions may not look like it. I have not tried to separate the exhaust components so I can't speak to that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts