Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
If your referring to the Mid-pipe that replaces the "Hemi-Hat " then yes i currently use it, I noted a better sounding exhaust, aftermarket granted, as well as a noisier intake . Whether it was seat of the pants different i'm not sure but i do enjoy the nicer looking engine bay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
what is this stuff "hemi hat" and "k&n drop"?

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Drop in filter that goes in the stock airbox. I i believe the hemi hat is that kina rectangular box just in front of the fan shroud.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeppz. the hemi hat is that stupid resonator box. It is suppose to quiet down the engine noise.

I am interested in the Airaid Jr. as well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This is a pretty old thread you've revived.

I just swapped out my K&N cold air intake in favor of the Airaid Jr. I've found myself getting into some deep water and wanted the water redirecting ability of the factory airbox without all of the restriction. That glorious Hemi sound has definitely decreased as compared to the full K&N system, but what I like about the Airaid is I can throw a cone filter in place of the stock box on the end of the mid pipe when I want to hear all that V8 rumble, and I can still have the full Jeep ability with increased rumble and power with the Airaid Jr. kit. The dry filter is also nice, so I can just wash and dry the filter every so often instead of washing and re-oiling the old K&N.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts