Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyday when I am driving to work my airbag lamp goes off normally when I hit a bump in the road it will come on. It will stay on until I switch it off. I think it has something to do with the passenger seat being empty because it never does it when someone is riding with me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since I have had my commander in the shop a few times already, and the passenger airbag light was an issue, I asked about it. My problem typically occurs when my briefcase is loaded with my laptop. Some weight in the seat with no seatbelt attached makes the light stay on. You have two options: leave the seat completely empty, or fasten the seatbelt. Should take care of it.

Actually, it bugs me enough that I have been setting my gear on the floor.
Peace!!
Andy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my laptop in the seat also, but it seems like it has done it without it. I will put it in the floor just to test it.. I guess I need to buckle up my laptop :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I tried the seatbelt trick and it worked with my laptop sitting in the seat, today I put the laptop in the floor and on the way to work the lamp came on with nothing in the seat.

I guess I need to talk it in to the dealer and let them check it out plus the battery has died twice and I had to jump it off again this morning.

Razorblader said:
Since I have had my commander in the shop a few times already, and the passenger airbag light was an issue, I asked about it. My problem typically occurs when my briefcase is loaded with my laptop. Some weight in the seat with no seatbelt attached makes the light stay on. You have two options: leave the seat completely empty, or fasten the seatbelt. Should take care of it.

Actually, it bugs me enough that I have been setting my gear on the floor.
Peace!!
Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts