Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured it's about time I start a garage thread...

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics...

Still gotta put these on:

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reserved for future photos/mods

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reserved for future photos/mods...

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Very nice, Keep posting your upgrades!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wow, Do you get the nav installed after or did it come with?

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, Do you get the nav installed after or did it come with?
That's the factory REC Nav unit that came stock on the 2006 Limited

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not only do you have a very nice commander (Thats my favorite color!) But you have some sick scenic pics too! Very nice!

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alopez!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice looking XK!

Did you upsize your spare to a 245/75/17? And if so, did it fit in the well inflated even with a hitch?

I am having four 245/75/17 GY Silent Armors installed today, but am trying to figure out what to do about the spare.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Chuck!

Yes, I have a 245/75 spare, but it will not fit in the well with a hitch - without modification. For a while I bought a cover for it and just had it upright in the cargo area, but it was a little difficult to secure it back there so it wouldn't shift around. Last weekend I decided to try and fit it in the well, and I did, but had to deflate the tire so it would squeeze in behind the hitch. I have a portable compressor to inflate it if I ever need it. Overall I'm happy with it (it doesn't need to deform as much as you might think), although I get "Spare Low Pressure" messages once in a while.

Forum member Stormtrooper took another approach. He took a cutting wheel to the back of the hitch and removed an inch or so of unnecessary steel. He fit his inflated 265/70 up there after the mod. I started to do that, but it takes a pretty beefy cutting wheel to get through the thick hitch steel so I decided to just deflate it.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hmm... while at Goodyear today, the manager (who owns an XK too) showed me his hitch and it looked like the tire would fit if the receiver was not being used.

Is that the case, or are there a couple different hitch receiver designs?!? :icon_confused:.

By the way, I updated my garage to reflect the extra 3" of room under mine now.

Chuck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts