Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 hours of a straight forward install here is the result of the Airflow snorkel.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
Don't we get installation pics ? I would like to see what's inside.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Looks good. Much much better than the other XK snorkles I've seen. So, when do we get to see it in action?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Looks great, can you get a bulk discount?

·
Registered
233 Posts
that' great XK ..
could you please let us see inside the vehicle hood ?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Looks good. Much much better than the other XK snorkles I've seen. So, when do we get to see it in action?
What other snorlles are out on the market for the XK. I thought this was the only one???

BTW It looks awsome on your XK Texel.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Cool! ... keep some mileage stats ... I'm hoping the snorkel might up fuel mileage slightly

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
That looks great. I would like to hear some performance feedback on the snorkel. I really want one but not if it is going to kill the HP or fuel miles.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
That looks great. I would like to hear some performance feedback on the snorkel. I really want one but not if it is going to kill the HP or fuel miles.
Exactly if it improves milage even 1% consistantly it wil pay for itself ... AND a good excuse to bolt it on! :)

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Exactly if it improves milage even 1% consistantly it wil pay for itself ... AND a good excuse to bolt it on! :)
Even if it has no improvement. I would be satisfied with the same performance before and after the install, even a minor loss is acceptable. The main thing is that I don't want to loose 5mpg or 20HP with the snorkel just to have it as an insurance for off road. I look at it like a $500 investment in protecting a couple thousand $ engine.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Just so you guys are aware, there are a lot of things on the XK that need to be addressed prior to bolting on a snorkel and driving in deep water. When I sunk the XK in the creek the air filter was high and dry. However I ended up getting a lot of water in the gas tank, charcoal canister, rear differential, transfer case and even inside the XK. I havent had time to do the front differential, but im sure thats full of water too. I just dont want you guys to go out and buy a snorkel and think you now have a submarine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just so you guys are aware, there are a lot of things on the XK that need to be addressed prior to bolting on a snorkel and driving in deep water. When I sunk the XK in the creek the air filter was high and dry. However I ended up getting a lot of water in the gas tank, charcoal canister, rear differential, transfer case and even inside the XK. I havent had time to do the front differential, but im sure thats full of water too. I just dont want you guys to go out and buy a snorkel and think you now have a submarine.
Couldn't agree more with you. The reason I purchased a snorkel was for dust. I drive alot of dusty gravel roads, hundereds of km at a time. By the time I get home my air filter is a sand box. I am hoping this will let the XK breathe a little easier. If not at least it will look good lol.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Couldn't agree more with you. The reason I purchased a snorkel was for dust. I drive alot of dusty gravel roads, hundereds of km at a time. By the time I get home my air filter is a sand box. I am hoping this will let the XK breathe a little easier. If not at least it will look good lol.
You could always swap out the snorkel's air ram with a pre-filter. They look kind of ugly but I bet it would help out with all that dust. I know AEV sells them for the JK Wrangler. It might mount right up to the AirFlow snorkel.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/jk_snorkel/

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hmmm why would you say that?

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkXbiwGG99w

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hmmm why would you say that?

:)
Ummm we dont drive hummers remember. Plus that one is heavily modified. Id like to see a H2 or H3 do that. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I think this will be my Christmas gift to my Commander!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
sounds like that diesel really liked being under water especially with the exhaust pointed straight up and being submerged.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Tomorrow I think I will bite the bullet and take one for the team :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts