Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I was pondering the removal of my snorkel and putting it up for sale on here. There is nothing wrong with it. I just don't wheel this like I did my old cherokee. I drive 80 miles a day for work and cant afford to beat it like I did my old jeep. I was wondering what someone might pay for it. Its all there. I have 2 heads the original and a knock off. The only thing I thought is there would have to a be an air box swap since. mine has been modded for the snorkel. Hit me up and let me know if anyone is interested. I recently sold some struts on here and you have any concerns I can give you his tag for a referral.

Sam

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'd love to do it but I imagine I still can't afford it after the trade. How much you asking?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Someone better jump on this! The only way to get one is straight from Austrailia. I got the last one in the U.S.

What are your plans for the holes in the fender???

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess i will replace the quarter panel.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
www.rockauto.com sells the passenger side fender for like $45 + shipping. Just needs paint.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know, I have looked at rock auto and never bought anything from them. But you can't beat their price on the fender. Thanks for finding that I was looking at a local company and they wanted around $100.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have ordered several parts from rockauto and I know others on the forum have too without any issues. I looked into that fender prior to installing the snorkel just in case I ever had to take it back off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I removed the snorkel. It is officially up for sale. I am asking $300 shipping included. I am going to charge a core of $75 . Because I am giving you my air box. Its been modified, I want yours in return. These snorkels if you can get one are around $600 with shipping. Let me know if your interested.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Bump.

Someone really needs to jump on this. That's half the price that it would cost to get a new one. Plus the air box is already modified. That was the hardest part of the install.

Just to clarify though about the $75 Core charge. Will that person get the $75 back once they send you their oem airbox??

·
Registered
321 Posts
Does the snorkel prove gains anywhere near what the k&n cai does? I know it probably wont, but I might be interested.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I installed a k&n pannel filter in the air box when I installed the snorkel and notice a difference.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes the core is refunded once I receive their air box. No there are no gains over a k&n. If you are looking for performance its not for you. If you want to wheel and go through water holes and creeks and small.rivers and find out what your commander is really capable of then its for you. Its not a street performance add on. Please no $200 offers. I don't need the money and will not let it go for less than what I am asking. This is already half price.............................. enough said.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Yes the core is refunded once I receive their air box. No there are no gains over a k&n. If you are looking for performance its not for you. If you want to wheel and go through water holes and creeks and small.rivers and find out what your commander is really capable of then its for you. Its not a street performance add on. Please no $200 offers. I don't need the money and will not let it go for less than what I am asking. This is already half price.............................. enough said.
There is no gains with the snorkel over an XK with a K&N cold air intake, but there definitely is a gain over a stock air box if you add a high flow pannel filter along with the snorkel. I noticed better throttle response and in the winter the motor loves the cold air coming in. Like you said though its not a street performance add on. If your looking for real gains in HP/TQ then a cold air intake is better hands down. But knowing your not going to hydro lock your motor is a big reason I purchased the snorkel. A lot of cold air intakes make it easier for you to suck water in.

·
Registered
321 Posts
So your looking for the stock air box and not a cold air intake?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That's what it sounds like he's saying.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Even with a CAI the gains are minimal unless you are full throttle like i am all the time! A snorkel as actually a true CAI since its pulling outside air, the k&n is pulling air from under the hood..

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Well said. Like mentioned in an earlier post of mine, in the cold weather my 4.7 really comes alive!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts