Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed over the last few months that I have owned my JC, that even though the factory alarm system appears to be armed, try as I may, I can't seem to activate it. I would like to know what sets this system off so that I can avoid unnecessary activations of the alarm in areas what it would disturb other people.

·
Registered
476 Posts
This gives me a chuckle :D

It seems that if you cannot get the alarm to activate when trying to do so why would you think it will activate when you are not trying to? :confused:

Anyway, have you tried leaving a window down then locking the XK... after about 1 minute pull the lock up and open the door. I do not know if this will work as I have never tried that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
it works. ask my daughter:mad:
she has set it off twice now (11 year old).
the first time my wife had it and left the windows down and the door was locked :confused:, anyway, my daughter reached in and unlocked and opened the door and it went off.
this past saturday at my sons football game my daughter decided to sit in the jeep while she put her cheer uniform on and i locked the doors when i walked away. she shut the door and when she was done she opened it from inside and it went off again.
i guess it would go off if someone broke a window and opened it from inside or if someone were to use a coathanger. don't know what would happen if you would use a slim-jim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchaesd a 06 65th Anniversary Edition, doesnt have an alarm system, but I would like to have one installed.
Question is, should I return to Dealer to protect warranty, or can I go elsewhere?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just got my Viper 791 on, it comes back from the shop tonight I will let you know how it does.. (i use to have factory alarm both alarms are functional)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts