Jeep Commander Forum banner

Did you get an alignment after your lift?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you get an alignment after your lift?

·
2,248 Posts
I got an alignment at the same time as they installed the lift but they did say that the front end had to be adjusted. I had mine installed by a local tire company and bought the tires and the spidertrax spacers installed at the same time. The tech that installed it has a jeep and had no problem installing the Rocky Road 2.5 inch lift. He took most of a day to do it.

The tires and install cost for the lift was under $1,000. I think it was around $650 for the tires, (Bridgestone) and $350 for the lift install, spacers install and alignment. The lift was $296 plus shipping, and the spidertrax 1.5 inch spacers were about $240 with shipping included.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Yes, definitely need to get it realigned. Had mine realigned and the shop that did it said that it was definitely off.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Definitely needs to be done

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Good to know! On my ZJ, I always just did the tape-measure routine to adjust the toe in/out and realign the steering wheel, etc. With IFS, I'm imagining it's quite a bit different routine.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think you have your answer, but I'll chime in ... yes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Tow in and camber both need to be adjusted. You will notice a difference in the handling. I sure did.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
My dealer (who did my lift) said it was WAY off after the lift... so, I'd get it done.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
The shop I got mine done at said he "only had specs for factory alignment". I told him to do it anyways, as I'm sure it'd be fine. Got it back, and it rides like a charm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts