Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post the factory alignment specs?
Do they change for engine size?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Front

Camber: between -0.7 degrees and 0.2 degrees
Caster: between 3.6 degrees and 4.5 degrees
Toe: between 0.00 degrees and 0.25 degrees
Total Toe: between 0.00 degrees and 0.50 degrees
Steer Ahead: between -0.05 degrees and 0.05 degrees

Rear

Thrust Angle: between -0.25 degrees and 0.25 degrees

Engine weight doesnt matter. The spring rates for the coils up front differ between models to make up for the weight.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front

Camber: between -0.7 degrees and 0.2 degrees
Caster: between 3.6 degrees and 4.5 degrees
Toe: between 0.00 degrees and 0.25 degrees
Total Toe: between 0.00 degrees and 0.50 degrees
Steer Ahead: between -0.05 degrees and 0.05 degrees

Rear

Thrust Angle: between -0.25 degrees and 0.25 degrees

Engine weight doesnt matter. The spring rates for the coils up front differ between models to make up for the weight.
Hey that was quick, thanks 07JeepXK!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Not a problem!
I got those specs right off the alignment sheet from the Jeep dealer so they should be very accurate.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks 07JeepXK
Toe in/out is a very basic set up and easy to measure but how would you measure camber.
I have just replaced the lower control arms on my Commander. I have tried to set my new control arms in a similar position to the original ones. This is a bit hit and miss as they may not be an exact shape/match to the original ones plus I also have JBA upper control arms that position the york further out than the OEM UCA's. Does anyone have a smart but simple method for the home mechanic to easily measure camber?
I'm thinking a very level garage floor, a plumb bob and a tape measure and a calculator.
I look forward to some brilliant ideas!

·
Registered
162 Posts
How do you adjust caster on the Commder set up. The Upper CA's have no ajustment points, either does the upper ball joint and at the lower control arms there's only slotted bolt holes for camber adjustment.

·
Registered
162 Posts
How do you adjust caster on the Commder set up. The Upper CA's have no ajustment points, either does the upper ball joint and at the lower control arms there's only slotted bolt holes for camber adjustment.
Silence is golden, so the answer must be No. The caster spec they quote must be for checking the alignment after front end damage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts