Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often is it recommended that you get an alignment. I currently have 13,XXX miles and the dealer is stating they recommend every 12k-15k miles for alignments. The XK is a 2008 that we pruchased NEW (107mi) in 11/09. It does not pull in any direction while driving. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Curtis

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
An alignment is a repairative proceedure, not a maintenence proceedure.

The dealer has decided to create a maintenence interval.
Quite simple.....if it is NOT in the maintenence schedule in your owners manual, then the dealer has deviated from the schedule in the hopes of increasing income.

Alignments are called for to resolve a problem....pulling, strange tire wear are the primary reason.
Otherwise, anytime a component is exchanged that could alter alignment.

Depending on type of usage, some vehicles never require a alignment over their entire service life.

Rob

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick reply. The "quick lube advisor" gave the recommendation. Walked back and looked at the XK on the lift. One tire does look like it possibly had some Slight uneven wear. It was rotated Last month from back to front and I Think from the left to right side. They are going to put it on the rack and check it to make sure.

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply. The "quick lube advisor" gave the recommendation. Walked back and looked at the XK on the lift. One tire does look like it possibly had some Slight uneven wear. It was rotated Last month from back to front and I Think from the left to right side. They are going to put it on the rack and check it to make sure.
If that is the way your tires were roatated then that is not the correct way. This could be the cause for the uneven wear. See these threads on tire rotation:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4332&highlight=spare&page=5

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9922&highlight=uneven&page=3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts