Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Commander all accessories stopped working including gauges, wipers, directional however the engine still runs and drives .

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
2006 Commander all accessories stopped working including gauges, wipers, directional however the engine still runs and drives .
@Russ; Welcome to the forum. I would start at your junction block;

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Commander all accessories stopped working plus my radio sometimes the gauges go crazy the engine still runs and drives .

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
2006 Commander all accessories stopped working plus my radio sometimes the gauges go crazy the engine still runs and drives .
Same applies for you @Locmom; Most likely your junction block has gotten wet;

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The panel to access the fuse block was very easy to remove by just applying downward pressure. I checked all the connections engine and everything appears fine. The problem only occurred once and after restarting the everything returned to normal. A few faults appeared eg. lost communication with the computer- abs-traction control. After a few restarts the faults resent themselves. I reset the faults with a scanner to erase them from memory. I’m leaving Florida and heading to New York I let you know how it goes. Thanks for the responses. This commander has had a tough life. It only had 65k on the odometer when my son gave it to me. They dealer didn’t want it on a trade in.
Sun roof leaked on both sides, all four of the interior door openers were broken, one front and one rear electric windows didn’t work. 6 CD PLAYER won’t accept disks, the dvd doesn’t work.I was able to get everything-working and stopped the leaks. Thanks Again

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
The panel to access the fuse block was very easy to remove by just applying downward pressure. I checked all the connections engine and everything appears fine. The problem only occurred once and after restarting the everything returned to normal. A few faults appeared eg. lost communication with the computer- abs-traction control. After a few restarts the faults resent themselves. I reset the faults with a scanner to erase them from memory. I’m leaving Florida and heading to New York I let you know how it goes. Thanks for the responses. This commander has had a tough life. It only had 65k on the odometer when my son gave it to me. They dealer didn’t want it on a trade in.
Sun roof leaked on both sides, all four of the interior door openers were broken, one front and one rear electric windows didn’t work. 6 CD PLAYER won’t accept disks, the dvd doesn’t work.I was able to get everything-working and stopped the leaks. Thanks Again
@Russ; No problem.

XK's that have had water leaks for extended periods of time typically run into a variety of electrical problems - usually resulting from the Junction block and/or other electrical components getting wet. Makes me very glad that I have an XK that has no sunroof or moonroofs. Water leaks can also occur through the bolts that hold the factory roof-rails in place as they will start to rust out over time.

I'll be curious to hear how your trip to New York goes.....stay safe & keep us posted,

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a time where all of my gauges and accessories would flicker or go out completely while driving. Strangely enough, replacing the speed sensor in the rear passenger wheel made it all go away. Months of aggravation and coming close to rewiring everything to find out it was a $20 part on amazon and there was a video on youtube to show me how to replace it in 30 minutes... may be the same thing may not be. The electrical in these are finicky...

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
I had a time where all of my gauges and accessories would flicker or go out completely while driving. Strangely enough, replacing the speed sensor in the rear passenger wheel made it all go away. Months of aggravation and coming close to rewiring everything to find out it was a $20 part on amazon and there was a video on youtube to show me how to replace it in 30 minutes... may be the same thing may not be. The electrical in these are finicky...
@bagsy; How did you know which wheel speed sensor to replace?

Did the DTC point you to a specific wheel speed sensor?

·
Registered
489 Posts
When I had my 06 XK, I faced a similar problem. You can read my thread on one of my encounters here, but in my instance it was a failed ignition switch. It's a cheap and simple replacement, and I had to do it twice on my Jeep for the same symptoms.

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
When I had my 06 XK, I faced a similar problem. You can read my thread on one of my encounters here, but in my instance it was a failed ignition switch. It's a cheap and simple replacement, and I had to do it twice on my Jeep for the same symptoms.
Pretty interesting,

I would have never associated the gauges not working with a bad ignition switch; That's good to know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Russ; No problem.

XK's that have had water leaks for extended periods of time typically run into a variety of electrical problems - usually resulting from the Junction block and/or other electrical components getting wet. Makes me very glad that I have an XK that has no sunroof or moonroofs. Water leaks can also occur through the bolts that hold the factory roof-rails in place as they will start to rust out over time.

I'll be curious to hear how your trip to New York goes.....stay safe & keep us posted,
No issues on the trip to NY. 20 hours straight through just gas stops. Average MPG 14.2 using cruise control set at 75. The Jeep developed a new issue or it may be related to the original issue. With the vehicle in gear and stopped for a red light the trouble indicator for traction control and abs illuminated and a check four wheel drive system showed up on the dash. I believe it’s related to the ABS unit and the ABS Module, turn the ignition off
and restart and the faults clear until the next red light. if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Thanking Big Blue in advance

·
Administrator
15,520 Posts
No issues on the trip to NY. 20 hours straight through just gas stops. Average MPG 14.2 using cruise control set at 75. The Jeep developed a new issue or it may be related to the original issue. With the vehicle in gear and stopped for a red light the trouble indicator for traction control and abs illuminated and a check four wheel drive system showed up on the dash. I believe it’s related to the ABS unit and the ABS Module, turn the ignition off
and restart and the faults clear until the next red light. if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Thanking Big Blue in advance
@Russ You might have a bad wheel speed sensor. Are you getting any codes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Jeep now has a C107C fault and amber warning indicators for traction control. ESP & ABS along with check 4 wheel drive system.
I use a LAUNCH CODE READER. Any ideas. I forgot to mention restarting the engine clears the warnings until the next prolonged stop with the brake pedal depressed. Code C107C states a half stuck brake switch.

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
The Jeep now has a C107C fault and amber warning indicators for traction control. ESP & ABS along with check 4 wheel drive system.
I use a LAUNCH CODE READER. Any ideas. I forgot to mention restarting the engine clears the warnings until the next prolonged stop with the brake pedal depressed. Code C107C states a half stuck brake switch.
Just out of curiosity, have you ever checked to ensure all of the recalls are completed for your XK?

If you have not, you can do so here;

Official Mopar Site | Service, Parts, Accessories & More

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
@Russ;

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
Yes I did but I don’t know the exact cause. I replaced: brake switch, ignition switch, brake light bulbs. I cleared the fault codes and they haven’t returned.
My guess would be the ignition switch, since @consumedbywater said that was the cause of the same exact issue for him, earlier in this thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts