Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to this forum and do not have a clue how to use it. When I initially signed in, I was asked to post in the Introduction Forum. In trying to locate this, I posted 3 times, but do not know where I posted them. So, I hope this works, and am truly sorry if I put them in the wrong place! I bought the last 2006 Commander at the dealer on Veterans Day, 2006. It is a fully loaded Sport, silver over gray. Power everything, 4.7, QD II, bluetooth, Boston, Class IV Tow, rear A/C, VES, Hulk wheels. Compared to the Limited, I don't have dual-zone front heat or chrome! The silver contrasts better with the black trim. I have added a molded burled walnut dash, 2-tone sew-on leather steering wheel wrap, molded mud guards, rear handles ( I purchased all of the parts from Chrysler before I knew I could get them elsewhere), 2008 Overland grill and lower valence panel, black tail lamp guards and fishing pole antenna. I installed a Quadradrive emblem under the 4x4 on the tailgate and put a V8 on the other side. I traded the radio knobs for chrome ones from the Limited. I have all of the part numbers to install the "bolted on" wheel flares. Previous rides were 2000 GC and 2004 Liberty Renegade. When the Commander came out, I was taken by the looks and have never looked back. I use it to tow my bass boat. Perfect. Does anyone know about the rear fog lamps? I have seen them at two web sites, Automoblie Magazine road test and a German performance company. I wrote a review at Autoweek letting the world know that I was not driving the new 4-door Wrangler! I was actually asked this! I get admiring stares all of the time because you don't see many here in NE Indiana.:)

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rear Fog Lamps

Do you know if the parts are available locally?:)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome to the forum... Sounds like your close to Hummer country if your in northern Indiana (Unless your closer to Kokomo, many Chrysler employees had them).

I see a lot of Commanders here in Indy nowadays. I used to see a couple a month and now I see 3 to 5 of them daily. Good to see more of them out there but I miss the exclusivity that I had in the first year.

Got any pics of your rig to post up?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Welcome.

I'm also interested in the rear fog lights as they'd come in handy in bad weather in the mountains. I could have used them this weekend in the blizzard I was in on Sunday.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ne Indiana - Ft Wayne, to be exact. There are a few Hummers here but I only see them on the carrier trucks going somewhere, anywhere but here. They keep the people in Mishiwaka happy, but they spend their paychecks on Commanders!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome Aboard dhh3. There are a few other goodies on the Euro version some of us would like too. CRD for one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts