Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to pull the trigger on the 4" Superlift and can't find the best place to buy it. It looks like there are 3 "kits" to complete what you need??? Is that right. Where can I find a complete kit with the EGR Module for the best price? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys and Happy Motoring!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Also be aware that if you find one and it seems like it is a good price, they make a 4" kit for the 2wd model. Make sure the kit you get is the 4" kit for the 4wd if that is what you have. There are two options for each version of the kits, one has hydro shocks and one has nitro shocks. There are 2 EGR modules, one is for the 06-07 and then there is another for 08+ be sure to get the one for your specific application.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Also be aware that if you find one and it seems like it is a good price, they make a 4" kit for the 2wd model. Make sure the kit you get is the 4" kit for the 4wd if that is what you have. There are two options for each version of the kits, one has hydro shocks and one has nitro shocks. There are 2 EGR modules, one is for the 06-07 and then there is another for 08+ be sure to get the one for your specific application.
Are you sure about there being two ERG modules? According to the AEV website I posted above, that module works for 2005-2008 WK/XK. Obviously they didnt make the XK in 2005 but they did make the WK then.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
The 08+ EGR module is part #5155 and the 05(06)-07 EGR module is part #5154. On page 3 of the installation instructions it details the difference between the two. The wiring is the same for both modules but the harness in the 06-07 is different than the 08+.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. I do have an 08, so it does make a difference to me. When I go to the AEV site, I can't get the module in the cart????? Don't know why, I guess I'll have to call them direct. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I got the info on the two different modules from the AEV site but you can order it from Quadratec where they have the two different ones listed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok, I had to call AEV. They do have two different modules, but the website wasn't working to get it in the cart. They helped me out and I'm now the proud owner of one. Still waiting on my 4" lift kit though. I'm assuming 4 wheel parts will have it in soon. I also ordered the UCA's from Get Lost. Now I just have to figure out which wheels to get.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's cheaper to replace a set of wheels then a wife, if you get tired of them and need a change... but I'm sure either would be well worth it though...lol.:eyemouth:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts