Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my usual minor detour today. That little spot that crosses the earthen dam. Only thing is, there has been tons of rain lately.

There were some rutty washouts, nothing to bad. I expected some mud in the usual spot.

When I got to the muddy spot at the bottom of the dam, it was much larger and much muddier and much deeper than ever. I figured I would just power through it and climb the hill, cross the dam and be on my way.:rolleyes:

Then I looked to my right and..........THE DAM IS CUT IN HALF!!!!:eek:

I stop. I'm stuck. Heart starts racing. I have too much work left in my day for this to be happining. I turn ESP off, put it in reverse, and I start to get out. Gas pedal is on the floor. All I can think of at this point is "Forteras, don't let me down."

They didn't. I got out.

Whew. That was close.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
LOL I feel that way everyday to work.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Now that is the paint job I want to get for my XK!!!!!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I love the "mud drips" on the asphalt around the Jeep. Ha. I bet you got some funny looks or at least a few questions of what you were doing for lunch. Ha.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
looks like it was fun....mud looks GREAT on the commander....

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That's what I'm talking about, mud!!! Glad you got out there and the XK did you well. A good 30 minutes of pressure wash will take care of that.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Good job getting out! But, it looks like you might need a 4.7 bumper and winch... =)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nothing makes you feel more alive than the pressure to get out......of work or mud!! great pics

·
Registered
269 Posts
It's nice to see muddy pictures on Commanders. Great pictures!

·
Registered
807 Posts
4.7commander said:
you are lucky. my forteras always got me stuck.

but then again. the BFG's gave me to much confidence and this happened.

wouldnt that have been the time to fire up that new winch bumper you made?hehe....

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spent about 20 minutes pressure washing it after work before I picked up my daughter from school. I had muddy overspray all over my pants and shoes. I got most of it off but still need to go through the car wash.

I have some mud in the inside of the wheels which is throwing the balance off a bit I think. I seem to have picked up a shaking at about 60-75 mph. I'll try and go back to the top of the trail today and get pictures of where I was. I'll walk it this time though. :)

Also, a winch bumber from 4.7 crossed my mind for sure!

I learned three things yesterday.

Get better tires, get some recovery gear, and don't go alone.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
way to return to the scene and take follow up pics for us....thanks....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Awesome pictures! I like the site exploitation afterward :D Hee he!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
It's great that show us how far you can go with the QT1!! You need to put a Trail Rated badge on that thing!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts