Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a nice little road trip today... spent about 7 hours driving the Commander.

Went from here in Chandler down to Tucson to check out a museum and an old mission, then went on down to Nogales.

Didn't take the Jeep over the border as I was afraid it might magically walk away from me when my back was turned. On the way back from Nogales, stopped in Tubac... cool little town with some nice galleries and shops.

The Commander performed flawlessly. I had it locked in to 78 miles an hour for about 90% of the trip. I was pulling about 15 miles per gallon -- pretty good for moving that much weight that fast. We ran into some rain showers and then a monsoon/dust storm on the way back which messed up my nice clean Jeep. I got her cleaned back up when I got her home in the garage though.

I am also happy to report that the replacement windshield I had installed a few weeks back is just as good as the original with no whistles or anything.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Thanks for listing your road stops, I am always looking for a good getaway from the valley. Taking the XK to Jerome next Saturday.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Went up to Jerome today and drove the Forest Road around Mingus Mountain. It was a wonderful 75 degrees and we stoped for lunch in the pine trees. I took some good pictures and will post them later this weekend.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a49erFootballFan said:
Went up to Jerome today and drove the Forest Road around Mingus Mountain. It was a wonderful 75 degrees and we stoped for lunch in the pine trees. I took some good pictures and will post them later this weekend.
Cool... probably will take the Cherokee up there some weekend soon (few trails I want to hit between here and there).

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
You will have a good time. I am going to go up again in a few weeks and check out a few other trails as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts