Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All greetings from Down Under.

This is my Commander 65th Anniv which i have just had a 2" lift done using Bilstein Shocks and some King Springs. This lifts the front nicely to give the Commander a tougher stance and the shocks make the ride nice. I have also replaced the factory rubber with Bridgestone Deuller A/T in 255/65/17. They look a bit more aggressive than the stock tires, but they make a bit more noise on the road.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Very nice, I wanted a black Commander but, buying used is kinda hard to be picky on color.

What are your future mods?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice Commander.

I moved your thread over to this new location.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great, this is the first time I've heard of someone using King Springs on an XK.
Hey there, The King Springs are a good product made here in Australia. They get used for all sorts of cars such as 4x4 with raise suspension, and to the street races with super low suspension and stiff drift machines.

http://www.kingsprings.com.au/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i have decided that i want to get this thing riding a bit taller again so i have just found myself some Goodyear Silent Armor's in a 245x75x17. I also wasn't happy with the nose down attitude of the Jeep so i have ordered some of Robby's leveling spacers from Ebay Motors. I have gone for the 1.5 " spacer kit which should level the ride right out. Cant wait to get it all fitted and show off my ride again.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
This is the first black 65th edition that I have seen. I see that yours has the wheel flares with the fake bolt heads. The ones in the states have the plain flares. Welcome. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well guys got the Goodyear Silent Armor's fitted and i like them.... alot. They look better, and they ride nice and quite too. I guess they name stands for itself. Look and see...

One problem that has come up though is the spare wheel. It no longer fits where it's meant to, so now i think ill be needing a new spare wheel carrier.

:banana_hitit:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm usually not one to like the chrome door trim but with the XH's clear turn signals, the chrome on the door really "flows".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Psycho, i was going to change the grill from a chrome one aswell but thought that it would be a bit too much for the car also, so its staying like it is....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts