Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the slide show from what few pictures I was able to take. I have a few shotty videos that I am trying to clean up and put together, but thought you would enjoy this for now:
http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt183/boilercommander/AM General Test Track/?albumview=slideshow

The course was A LOT more difficult than I thought it would be. Even the entrance was a bear, it was this "winding staircase" where you couldnt make the corner without backing up, and if you backed up too far, you rolled. From there we had massive rain, so big ruts and lots of sliding and mud. The XK had no problems whatsoever and impressed a lot of people. At one point in the course my nose was sticking up in the air right before I took this steep hill, and by the time I got the the bottom the trail split in 3 directions. I couldn't get anyone on the CB so I took the trail I thought they were on, bottomed out the front end and then dragged my rear through the mud. The JK behind me said "Dude, the only thing I saw of your Jeep was the rear tires and undercarriage, you went straight down". From there, either mud got in my fan or something happened and my jeep started shuddering when I idle. It goes away and comes back, I have no idea. It is like the fan is off balance for a period.

Anyways, here are some of my favorites. I will get the video up soon:

60+ Jeeps and 25+ Hummers

This hill was more intense than it looks, the second slide was a huge gradient

They call this course the Jeepeater. I went out with my friend in his CJ but here is a good shot of an H3 taking it:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Impressive showing, thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Did you make it on the "Jeepeater"?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here are a couple video from someone on my forum that popped up today. I took the first trail in the XK, but they came across it in the afternoon (right after we had the downpour):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON6xRt89NE0

This was the first time I saw "stairway to heaven" looks like fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mSdIdlRjKw

I came across the Jeepeater when I went out with my buddy in his CJ (he works there and is a trail leader).

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Very nice! I wish they would bring one of those this direction!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thanks for sharing! In the fist vid above I bet the hummer driver has to change his shorts after that near miss...

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Id love to have a place like that near by.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Very fun, thanks for that!

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Not only was this for a good cause but it looks like you had a ton of fun supporting Autism. Is this going to be an annual event? I may just have to schedule it for next year!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts