Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the top of the windshield, outside, from above, I can see the edge of the glass.

Is there supposed to be some sort of trim up there between the body and the glass??

I have been looking all over the site for a pic of this area, but none to be found.

I really don't think that I am the only one tall enough to see this area.

I will try to add a pic of the area tomorrow.

Thanks,
SIG

·
Registered
63 Posts
mine has a rubber strip the runs along the top of the windshield, which i assume covers the the gap between the roof and the top of the windshield

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oh crap, that is what I was afraid of. :ack:

I haven't had to worry about rain yet, just snow here, but I am glad I have not run it through the car wash.

Thank you.

Sig

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got out out to a couple of dealers today, and found a couple of recent XKs A couple of '09s and an '07.

Both '09s were sans trim over the windshield, while the '07 had a strip similar to the picture above.

I am not sure if they changed this over the years, or if the '07 had a replacement window, but I am a bit more comfortable with what my dealer was telling me when I asked him this morning.

Just thought that I would share.

Regards,
Sig

·
Registered
63 Posts
your probably right as mine is an 07. the 06-07 had them, if i remember correctly they had some problems with wind noise coming from the windshield so they probably change the design in the later years

·
Super Moderator
14,951 Posts
your probably right as mine is an 07. the 06-07 had them, if i remember correctly they had some problems with wind noise coming from the windshield so they probably change the design in the later years

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or, could it be a Sport vs. Limited thing?

·
Super Moderator
14,951 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am assuming that if this was a real problem, someone would have piped up with the answer.

I honestly have no idea why the difference, but if it's normal, I will not worry about it.

One less thing, ya'know?

Sig

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went from a 06 sport, that had the trim, to a 10 limited without the trim. Dealer said this is how they come. If your worried about it a glass replacement dealer can sell you a piece of trim. I've not experienced any problems with not having the trim piece.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I'm getting ready to replace my windshield, and the rubber along the bottom attached to the cowling is damaged. So while at the parts dept, a piece of trim is listed for the top edge, but no picture of it. I ordered it and the damaged lower one.

Anyone ever replaced a commander windshield themselves?

I have replaced other windshields, but not a Commander.

Found a picture of the seal, see page 2.

http://www.xkjeeps.com/TSB/tsb_xk_2300406.pdf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts