Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see it all over the place in this forum about poor gas mileagae on the commander, well i have an 08 3.7 liter and i get about 23 mpg hwy the only thing i have aftermarket is magnaflow muffler, and a new tire pressure monitoring system that displays real time data to my in dash unit. i contantly keep my tires at 37psi.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
I think a lot of folk miss a few key things that most likely influence gas mileage, and some you can fix, but aome you can't. You have in your power to maintain your rig with fresh fluids, filters, plugs, belts, tire pressure, etc. You can also modify yoir driving habits like general speed, hard starts, etc. But with all those things being equal, your mileage will be different in Florida compared to Colorado due to terrain, temperature, and even the gas you buy may vary by region. You just can't get around certain factors.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Man, I was almost feeling good about finally getting 15 mpg in town this morning during my commute, but replaying it in my mind, during my 7 mile ride most of it is downhill, and I hit every green light...lol...back to reality and 12.5 on my way home, I'm afraid I'm not one of the "Chosen Few", but loving the Jeep anyway.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You just haven't ruined your mileage yet with...
* Lift kit.
* Huge tires. (That took about 3.5 MPG right off the top on mine)
* Removed front air dam for better off-roading clearance.
* Wind catching roof rack.
* Lights mounted on afore mentioned roof rack, that catch even more wind.
* Adding at least 700 lbs. of winch, emergency and recovery gear, bottled water, MRE's etc. etc. etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts