Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my vehicle and put it into gear (reverse and drive) it sometimes feels like it doesn't fully shift into gear for a while then will "clunk" into gear sometimes. Most of the time I just put it back in park for a few seconds and shift back and it works.

I'm really hoping this doesn't mean my trans is close to seeing its final days. It's an 07 4.7 with 110k miles on it.

Any comments, tips, suggestions?

Matt

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a clunk too. Turned out to be a broken transmission mount.Mine would clunk when I was decelerating and other times.

Check the fluid and the mount. I got mine fixed and it was like that feeling when you realize how bad it was only because you've had the repair done.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
check the transmission fluid and cooler lines. They may need to be replaced. I found out the hard way when all of my transmission fluid leaked out and my transmission shredded itself. Total cost was about $5k. To replace the cooler lines, it would've just cost $600.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Time to change the trans filters (yes there are 2) but only by them from the dealer. Aftermarket ones are known to fail quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts