Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I need your help to check what I am missing. This is what I am working with, '06 XK 5.7, I am doing a 6.1 swap this winter. I already have a long block 6.1 out of '10 WK SRT, intake manifold, exhaust headers and mids. What I need to know is can the 5.7 XK controller be flashed for the 6.1 as the 5.7 uses one unit for the engine and 545 vs 6.1 has seperate modules for the engine and the NAG. Also, I would like to reuse the engine harness since I am reusing the 5.7 coils, can I delete the EGR connection or am I better off with the 6.1 harness. Please chime in with any other ideas or recommendations:)

P.S I do have the injectors, rail and access to StarScan.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Slow reply sorry. :)

Best I can say is maybe. I remember my brother (a Chrysler Tech) telling me he once had a PT Cruiser (I think that's what it was) that was flashed for a Durango from the factory...it wasn't running well. I think the main problem is with StarScan you have to load everything in according to the vehicles serial number. So mix and matching it not an easy thing to do. Next time I speak with him I'll ask for a bit more detail.

So what do you plan on using to control the 545RFE then?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Marek just saw your pm. Just swap the engine in if you are going to continue running the 545 and get a custom tune done. We are running a diablos port predator that had a custom tune written via the cmr diablo sport software by rob Wetzel at forced induction tuning here in Arizona. We didn't mess with the harness much, we just deleted egr if I recall and most everything else was plug and play. The tuner can turn off readiness codes for egr or acts or dod, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts