Jeep Commander Forum banner

Another FNG...

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  ChargerSXT 
#1 ·
Greetings all. Allow me introduce myself. I am the proud owner of a 2006 Dodge Charger SXT. My wife, however, is the proud owner of a 2006 Jeep Commander 4x4 Limited with a HEMI. I've attached some pics of her baby.

We love the Commander, but...and there's always a but...I have the "itch" to modify it. I've had the same problem with my Charger. I am a member of ChargerForums.com and LXForums.com, and I have found a ton of assistance and info that I have used to "scratch my modding itch."

I am extremely glad that I found this site, and I am here now to start working on the Commander. There's really not too much that my wife wants done to her Commander (she ordered it with all the "goodies" she wanted). I, however, want to make performance and efficiency mods. First, I want to mod the intake and exhaust on my wife's Commander. I want her HEMI to sound like a HEMI. I'm also considering either a performance chip or tuner (if/when they are available).

For the exhaust, I'm looking at replacing the 55-gallon drum-looking muffler with a free-flow performance exhaust and eliminating the rear muffler/resonator (I'm not exactly sure what it is). I'm not sure about the intake. What manufacturers have intakes out for the HEMI Commander? Personally, I would prefer a dry-type filter.

I'm new to the Commander scene, so I am asking for any assistance, opinions, thoughts, concerns, etc. that the "knowledge group" here can offer.

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#4 ·
SDBaja said:
Which package is the chrome hood part of? I don't recall seeing that on another Commander.
Do you mean the chrome air deflector on the front? If so, it was part of the "Commander Chrome Accent Package" (at least that's what I think it was called). The package included the running boards, the chrome front wind deflector, and the chrome gas lid.

#5 ·
You've got a very sharp Commander there...love that khaki color!! Also, good taste in automobiles...lol....(see my sig)...love my Charger too it has been a great car and alot of fun to drive. Good luck with the new purchase.

#11 ·
This past weekend, I ordered an AEM intake, Hooker Aero Chamber muffler and chrome tip, and rear splash guards for my wife's Commander. They should all be in this week! I'm going to have the stock muffler removed and the Hooker installed. I'm also going to have the resonator removed and replaced with a straight pipe. That should wake up the HEMI (not to mention the neighbors). :D

#14 ·
This past weekend, I got the intake installed (AEM) and the exhaust modified (Hooker Aero Chamber muffler and 3.5 inch chrome Hooker tip) on my wife's Commander. All I can say is DAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNN!!!!!!! Now THAT is what a HEMI SHOULD sound like! :D

I'll post pics as soon as I can. If I figure out how to post sound clips, I'll do that, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.