Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just wanted to say Hello to everyone on the fourm. I recently purchased a 2009 XK Limited w/ a 5.7 HEMI and QD II. This isn't my first Jeep, I traded in my 2001 WJ w/ 4.7, Selec-Trac and Upcountry springs in on this Commander. I wanted to hold on to the WJ, but it just had to many issues to correct and 215K miles.

Anyhow I look foward to being able to pick your brains for information on future up grades. I've already have learned a lot from reading thru the fourm.

Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just update (and builded up my post count) in the ~year and half since i purchased my Commander, I have upgraded the suspension with 2" Rough Country lift, and Bilstein strut/shocks at all 4 corners, added 1.25" wheels spacers and this week put on 18x8 Jeep Unlimited 8 spoke polished rims (Craigs List $125 for all 5 rims) with Bridgestone new Revo 3's 265/60-18. I also just put on an aFe cold air intake this week and plan to redo the exhaust next week with a Flowmaster muffler.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Just update (and builded up my post count) in the ~year and half since i purchased my Commander, I have upgraded the suspension with 2" Rough Country lift, and Bilstein strut/shocks at all 4 corners, added 1.25" wheels spacers and this week put on 18x8 Jeep Unlimited 8 spoke polished rims (Craigs List $125 for all 5 rims) with Bridgestone new Revo 3's 265/60-18. I also just put on an aFe cold air intake this week and plan to redo the exhaust next week with a Flowmaster muffler.
@AHSprite;

You sure did wait long enough to come back around......That all sounds pretty good - how about some pics??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I know I haven't posted a lot, but I have used this fourm to research any mods that I've wanted to do before doing and I do appreciate the knowledge found on the pages.
I hope to post some pics soon, just need to get them downloaded off the phone to the desktop/tablet.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Yeah, I know I haven't posted a lot, but I have used this fourm to research any mods that I've wanted to do before doing and I do appreciate the knowledge found on the pages.
I hope to post some pics soon, just need to get them downloaded off the phone to the desktop/tablet.
Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice! How you like th aFe? I think Blue has the stage 2 kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
In response to Badjuju`s inquiry;

I'm liking the aFe CAI so far, I like the fact it uses the lower part of the stock box, cover that comes with it is a nice touch. I think that the way the sensor attaches could be better. Does have a note to it when you get on the gas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice upgrades, I would love to see some before and after pictures.
I'm working on getting before and after pics together, just after working 2 jobs in front the a computer all day and evening it's a little hard to get back on and do the the things I want to do on the computer

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
I'm working on getting before and after pics together, just after working 2 jobs in front the a computer all day and evening it's a little hard to get back on and do the the things I want to do on the computer
I'm a network administrator.....you're preaching to the choir my friend.....:smile2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts