Jeep Commander Forum banner
161 - 180 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Well apparently I haven't been on the forum since you started this...... but just wanted to say your build is awesome! A few years back there was much more innovation on the commander forums and I miss it. This is great!
Well thank you! This thing is my pride and joy.

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
Well thank you! This thing is my pride and joy.
Pretty amazing that this project was a year and a half in the making;

I remember when you first started this thread.

Props to you SH for sticking with it and seeing it through.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Hello everyone, it's about time for a change-up. I recently came into some surprise money from work and am looking into some new wheels. I was originally gonna go for the late model SRT spider monkey wheels, but after thinking about it for a while, I've decided I want to be different and run some rims you don't see too often, and since this isn't an off-roader, I had a really hard time finding a set that wasn't off-road aggressive or super ghetto, but I think I found a set that'd work for me and I like them a lot. I might not be able to quite afford them for another month or two, but let me know what you guys think.

Should I go 20s or 22s? That's the real question, and I'll be slamming this thing next year.

https://www.carid.com/zenetti-wheel...mV9rEr2T5wB9fyLR90e9IuAcrTECEySQaAmSCEALw_wcB

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think 22s would be really interesting. I've seen a few on 20s, and while they look okay, there's still a lot of sidewall.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
My wife spent nearly all of my rim savings. I have $200 left. The rims we're gonna cost me at least $1800 without the tires...
:'(

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
I just bought a set of brembo calipers for the Jeep. $336. I'm gonna do a write up and video on how to fit the factory SRT8 WK1 brakes to the non-SRT WK/XK platform when I get all the pieces I need.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My wife spent nearly all of my rim savings. I have $200 left. The rims we're gonna cost me at least $1800 without the tires...
:'(
Lol damn dude, guess some people just can't understand this XK life haha. I've been following this forum for a while, it's awesome to see it all progress, especially because it just happened! You're literally living out my dream for my 4.7 lol. May I ask, what tuner did you get for it? Or was it a standalone ECU. If it was a chip type thing, what brand was it and how did you like it?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
I don't have a tuner, I can't justify getting a tuner for a vehicle with an engine/transmission match that was never officially a combination with a 5.7 ECU tuned for a 6.1 all in a vehicle never meant to have said 6.1 not knowing whether or not it would actually work for $300. It's a custom tune.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
So earlier today I hired a concept artist to build the design of what I'd like my Jeep to look like when I'm done with it. It's not a super duper professional service, but the guy is good. I'll post the results when it's done.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That is seriously trick. I like it without the roof rails - nice!

Bob

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
Well, here it is, and I think it turned out incredible!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
That concept picture is certainly very nice SH but those rims are going to be a real b**** to clean.

Unfortunately for you, that looks like quite a bit of $$$ from where you sit currently......

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Well, here it is, and I think it turned out incredible!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
That concept picture is certainly very nice SH but those rims are going to be a real b**** to clean.

Unfortunately for you, that looks like quite a bit of $$$ from where you sit currently......
It is a bit of money, but I'm already most of the way there. I'm pretty close to having my brembos ready to install, along with the instructional video/write-up with it, I'm even closer to my lowering kit, and I'm contemplating on doing the two-tone with a wrap and just do it myself to save several thousands of dollars, however, i would like it more permanent.

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
It is a bit of money, but I'm already most of the way there. I'm pretty close to having my brembos ready to install, along with the instructional video/write-up with it, I'm even closer to my lowering kit, and I'm contemplating on doing the two-tone with a wrap and just do it myself to save several thousands of dollars, however, i would like it more permanent.
Lowering a Commander.....seems sacrilegious....LOL.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Lowering a Commander.....seems sacrilegious....LOL.
Everyone seems to forget, it's a 2WD commander though. I'm working with what I've got and i love to be different.

Besides, i haven't spoken much about it, but I've been pretty set and decided on my next project vehicle for the last year when this one's done, and guess what... It's another commander, not only that, but it'll be a commander+ (+2 wheels)

And a diesel. I REALLY want a 6.7 Cummins, but i May settle for the 5.9
It'll be the real deal, lifted at least 6", full 6WD, 3-4 electronic lockers, custom truck bed, stacks, custom steal bumpers with winch, roof rack, oodles and kaboodles of off-road lighting...
I'm giddy all over again just thinking about it.
I might be a little obsessed with commanders if you couldn't tell, and besides that, i know SO MUCH ABOUT THEM, after this first swap, and i really don't think the diesel swap will be hard at all.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Everyone seems to forget, it's a 2WD commander though. I'm working with what I've got and i love to be different.
You're going in a direction I've also been dying to move. I'd hate to lower mine with 4wd, but I've been dying to get my hands on a 2wd one and build it into a street machine. I think Commanders look great lowered, and I think the Startech Commander shows that they can look pretty aggressive as well.

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts

Besides, i haven't spoken much about it, but I've been pretty set and decided on my next project vehicle for the last year when this one's done, and guess what... It's another commander, not only that, but it'll be a commander+ (+2 wheels)

And a diesel. I REALLY want a 6.7 Cummins, but i May settle for the 5.9
It'll be the real deal, lifted at least 6", full 6WD, 3-4 electronic lockers, custom truck bed, stacks, custom steal bumpers with winch, roof rack, oodles and kaboodles of off-road lighting...
I'm giddy all over again just thinking about it.
I might be a little obsessed with commanders if you couldn't tell, and besides that, i know SO MUCH ABOUT THEM, after this first swap, and i really don't think the diesel swap will be hard at all.
You're young and have big ambitions - I can respect that.

I've enjoyed reading about this build over the last 2 years, best of luck with the next one.

161 - 180 of 193 Posts