Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll start off with the CVPI.. Typical Police options. 4.6l V8. Center console has controls for the strobe lights/ gun lock, and a siren. This was a former marked K9 car. Some around here may know the color as "Bratenahl Blue"

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
what the hell. did you pick that up at an auction or something? we all see the commander in the background of the first pic wheres more pics of that?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Did the police leave all the electronics in the center console or are those things you are adding?

·
Registered
887 Posts
We'll start off with the CVPI.. Typical Police options. 4.6l V8. Center console has controls for the strobe lights/ gun lock, and a siren. This was a former marked K9 car. Some around here may know the color as "Bratenahl Blue"
HA!

Do the Bratenahl police still hang out under the bridge and set up speed traps on I71? I thought they lost the rite to do this because they did not have an entrance or exit ramp in city limits on I71?

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts
Did the police leave all the electronics in the center console or are those things you are adding?
Signature says it has been sold.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They left most of the strobes in, but took the console with controllers out. I added the console with accessories back in.

HA!

Do the Bratenahl police still hang out under the bridge and set up speed traps on I71? I thought they lost the rite to do this because they did not have an entrance or exit ramp in city limits on I71?
It's actually on i90 that they hang out. They don't sit under the bridge anymore, but they do sit on the entrance ramp and tag you from behind. You better watch out, the car was just purchased by a west-sider! :eyemouth:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Signature says it has been sold.
But did it come with that stuff was the question? Hard to believe that a police agency would leave all that equipment in a car they are selling to the public. Our agency removes everything. Why would you leave a gun rack or siren in a civilian car (only asking for trouble)?

You posted while I was typing this, thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But did it come with that stuff was the question? Hard to believe that a police agency would leave all that equipment in a car they are selling to the public. Our agency removes everything. Why would you leave a gun rack or siren in a civilian car (only asking for trouble)?
A friend of mine that buys and sells these for a living has found loaded shotguns, baggies of "evidence", all sorts of things left behind. 50% of his sales are to smaller cities that can't afford new cars, so if the car comes with equipment, that's less that the new city has to buy from him.

The other 45% are to security companies and funeral homes. 5% are actually to individual owners.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's been awhile since I've posted here, and the winter weather has me itching to be able to set the JEEP set back up like the pic posted here. Did you know Cleveland was voted the Forbes Magazine #1 CRAPPIEST places to live in the winter? Can't wait to get the 16' tandem 'yak back out there.

About the pic: I had to find out the hard way that the standard J-style 'yak carriers offered by Yakima and Thule really don't fit our factory cross bars very well, and are VERY unsuited to hold a 16' tandem. I found a nice universal J carrier made by Oak Orchard Canoe that fits very well and holds the 'yak nice and steady.

On a different note, I have a set of Goodyear Silent Armor 255/75r17's and a RC lift on order. The tires are on sale at TireRack for $108 + $40 rebate!

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have a '99 Interceptor that I fixed up and gave to my son to drive, he lets me have it back once and a while, what a blast! -43

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should probably update the thread with pics of the newly lifted JEEP

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Recently purchased a 1986 27' HiLo travel trailer. Dry weight is 4750lbs. First campout is in 4 days and there is still lots of work to do on it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That Camper looks like fun...good job can't wait to see some mud pics...or hear of drag times with it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm on a boat! I'm on a boat! Everybody look at me cuz I'm sailing on a boat!

Well, atleast I was a few months ago...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Longer than some 5th wheels I've seen..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I keep trying to get them to let me park here for half price since I'm the only guy that can do this...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts