Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my 2" RC lift installed on Saturday and my 17" matte black v-tecs finally came in yesterday, so I dropped the Jeep off this morning to get them mounted on my 255/70/17 Grabber AT2s. I originally ordered the +25 offset, but after finding out they were backordered for at least 60 days, I switched to the 0 offset. I anticipated some minor rubbing and the garage just called me and confirmed that I do indeed have a rub, but hopefully the pinch weld mod will take care of that. I can't wait to see what it looks like...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Right there with you!

I can't wait to see pics of your set up on the V-Tech's....I almost ordered the Raptor in Matte Black last week and was advised against the 17x9 wheel.

My RC 2" lift goes on tomorrow and I ordered the XD SPY's with the same Grabber AT2 tires 255/70/17....they should be on Friday.

Be sure to get some pics up!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right there with you!

I can't wait to see pics of your set up on the V-Tech's....I almost ordered the Raptor in Matte Black last week and was advised against the 17x9 wheel.

My RC 2" lift goes on tomorrow and I ordered the XD SPY's with the same Grabber AT2 tires 255/70/17....they should be on Friday.

Be sure to get some pics up!
I'll definitely post some pictures up. The Off-Roads look very similar to the Raptors. What offset are the XD Spys you're going with? The offroads I got are 8.5" wide and 0 offset.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The XD Spys I got are 8.0" wide and 18 offset. I am supposed to have no rubbing with this combo.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The XD Spys I got are 8.0" wide and 18 offset. I am supposed to have no rubbing with this combo.
Sounds like a perfect setup. I think I would have been all set with +25 offsets, but I'm too impatient, haha. Oh well, it is what it is. I'll figure something out. I'm just glad I didn't try and go with 265/70's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah same here...I was close to doing the same but i don't want to sweat rubbing or fitment issues since I am a daily commuter.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stopped by on my lunch break and snapped a couple quick photos with my cell phone. I'll take better pictures later. I'll include a couple of the jeep after they installed the lift and before they installed the new tires/wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
more...

now all I have left to do is swap out the chrome grille for a black one, spray tint the front signals and get new headlight bulbs. Then I will tackle the interior and engine. Finally making some progress..

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks dirty with the black out style!

I love it man.....I can tell from the direction you are going that we have very similar taste. Congrats man

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used VHT Nightshade. It can be picked up at most automotive stores (Advanced Auto, VIP, etc). It's about $12 a can. I did 4 coats of tint and 3 coats of an automotive clear. If you're just looking for a smoked look, I wouldn't exceed 2 coats.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked my Jeep up a couple hours ago and the "major rubbing" that the garage described to me is very, very, very minor. Under normal driving conditions they didn't rub at all. I had to try and make it rub, which I was able to do by turning full lock at a very low speed into a bumpy gravel driveway. The tires don't stick out past the fenders anymore than probably 3/4". Overall I'm very pleased.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts