Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a 2007 4x4 comander. I was wandering if their is any major grips or anything I should know before purchasing one.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well I would hate to tell you "no" and then you have some but (any new vehicle can have certain issues for sure). However, I have a 2006 Commander and have not had any mechanical, electrical, or drive-train issues with my vehicle. I have put 30,000 miles on it in 6 months and it has run flawlessly during that time. I would recommend it for sure, you will love it!

With that said, you certainly will see many posts in this forum which might imply otherwise. Again I go back to my previous statement, any vehicle can experience issues that is why they all come with warranties.

I say go for it, you will not be disappointed! (Just be sure to break it in correctly and follow all regular maintenance schedules!) ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
RedCommander said:
Wow, 30k in 6 months. That's $4500 in gas at an average price of $2.25 per gallon at 15mpg average. Averages down to $25 per day. Holy smokes.
That sounds about right. Good thing I get reimbursed for gas! :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
I bought a new 2006 limited 3 months ago. I have only 1800 miles on it. I had to replace the sway bar bushing which was no big deal and covered by warranty. Other than that it has been great. I really love this Jeep. Gas mileage is the only downside I see so far. If you know that up front you won't be disappointed. I have the Hemi and wow, does it move. For me it was a great buy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Other then a rattle in the back I cannot seem to locate and poor fuel mileage....the truck is great and loads of power with the hemi. Very glad I bought it and would buy another tomorrow. I only have 6,000 miles on mine and have had it a year so you can see I dont drive it alot of miles but again it is a very nice vehicle all in all.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have had no issues with my Commander, it is a great vehicle. I come from a jeep family and with my commander makes the 2nd commander and 5th jeep in our immediate family in about 6 years. Great vehicle, just be fore warned. If you are worried about gas milages and costs of fuel. This vehicle is probably not for you.

That being said, buy the commander join our little group here and enjoy every second you can spend with it:D

Remember, on forums you'll see alot of negatives on a vehicle. Complainers can allways be heard the loudest. The thousands of owners not on this forum are out driving their commanders. The rest of us, are stuck at work.

·
Registered
184 Posts
stilldeciding said:
I am thinking about getting a 2007 4x4 comander. I was wandering if their is any major grips or anything I should know before purchasing one.
"stilldeciding" be sure to let us know if you decide to get one or not...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe he'll come back and post under his new name, "bestdecisionever". It was definitely mine as far as vehicles go. I'm finally starting to get some of the mods that I want, making it an even better looking decision.

·
Registered
473 Posts
after 1 year and 13,000 miles still not a single problem. got hammered with snow this winter and didn't spin a tire.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just took delivery of a 2007 Overland 2 weeks ago, and only have 181 miles on it. But, I must tell you that its been the most enjoyable miles I have ever driven. I have been following this thread for 3 months so I am aware of the various problems others have reported. Thus, I checked everything carefully and so far so good. I dont have a single complaint at this time and I believe this to be the finest vehicle I have ever owned and at one time I owned a Baritz Cadillac. I simply love the HEMI and if you can afford the gas I strongly recommend it. So powerful yet smooth. Just dont expect to get more then about 18mpg on the highway and it drops terribly around town, to around 13 and thats driving carefully. john

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah that is one thing I forgot to mention, the Commander does OUTSTANDING in the snow! I have driven previous 4 wheel drive vehicles (Ford explorer, Nissan Pickup) and neither came close as to how well the commander performed in the winter weather (Must be the 3+ton weight). If you live in an area that gets snow, you need one of these.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Have to agree with the above post. I picked mine up when it was snowing and it did great. Yes the MPGs aren't great, but I didn't buy a Prius, I bought a truck!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Have to agree with the above post. I picked mine up when it was snowing and it did great. Yes the MPGs aren't great, but I didn't buy a Prius, I bought a truck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts