Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - New here,

My Jeep got an error code P0507. I hear an airleak in the engine, on the driver side, not much on the passenger side. It sounds loud, problem is I can't find it. I even tried a fog machine during Halloween. Any suggestions are appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
5,839 Posts
Hello - New here,

My Jeep got an error code P0507. I hear an airleak in the engine, on the driver side, not much on the passenger side. It sounds loud, problem is I can't find it. I even tried a fog machine during Halloween. Any suggestions are appreciated!
From the list of possible causes below - and your description of the problem, I'm guessing you have an Intake air leak somewhere that you have to track down and repair.

P0507 code definition

P0507 is a generic OBD2 diagnostic trouble code (DTC) referencing a fault within the idle control system. This code is related to P0505 and P0506.

What the P0507 code means

The P0507 code means the idle control system has excessively high RPM. The ECU has a specific rpm range the idle is allowed and when it is higher than expected the ECU sets the P0507 code. Once this code is triggered it puts the vehicle into a failsafe mode and the Check Engine Light is illuminated on the dashboard.

What causes the P0507 code?

• Intake air leak
  • Faulty or clogged IAC valve
  • Carbon buildup on the throttle body
  • Faulty power steering pressure switch
  • Alternator that has failed
What are the symptoms of the P0507 code?

• Check Engine Light being illuminated
  • High engine idle
  • Fluctuating idle
  • Vehicle hard to start
  • Rough idle
What repairs can fix the P0507 code?

• Replacing or cleaning the idle air valve
  • Repairing the intake air leak
  • Repairing the charging system
  • Cleaning the throttle body
  • Replacing the power steering pressure switch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts