Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my wiper blades last night with Pylon replacements.

There were several choices, Rain-x, Anco, some triple blade thing, and a couple others I can't remember.

I went with Pylon because they cost the least. That is the only reason.

Is there one that y'all use that is better? Especially when cleaning muddy water off the windshield.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I replace mine on all my cars anually, I forgot the type I bought But I assure it was not the least expensive. The way I look at it is that is one of the most important things (safety wise) on vehicle. Not to mention I would hate while using wipers and rubber came off and scratched my wwindshield because I was to cheap to purchase a better wiper blade on 30K vehicle. Just sayin!

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i use the triple blade brand. they have a lifetime free replacement on them. i've had them on my 300ZX for about 2 years now. they are not rubber, i think they are neoprene. they do not wear out or rip. i'm pretty impressed with them.. they were about $7 per wiper.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I prefer to be called frugal, not cheap. :)

I will most likely get the triple blade next time. I try to change blades every 6 months or so. The Arkansas summer heat can take a toll on rubber blades. If you are getting two years out of $7 wipers then I'm all in!

Thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I had my experience with the TripleEdge wipers.... after a while, it gets pretty annoying. I had'em on my 2000 Honda Prelude for about 5yrs. After a while, the frames begin to rust, and the blade themselves would thump/shudder on the glass loudly, and each wipe would not produce a 'clean cut' wipe... I like having quiet wipers as well. I'll agree to that...that I wouldn't go for the cheap ones (Pylons especially; lasted a good 2 months, the streaks were showing). Either Ancos or Michelin wipers are fine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There was a thread quite a while back about windshield wipers. Someone recommended Valeo wiper blades. I bought a pair from tirerack.com. They are $20 a piece but tirerack usually runs a special that you buy one you get one free. We have them on all of our vehicles and they are the best wipers I have ever had on a vechicle.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I use RainX wiper blades. For water and normal stuff they work great. When we've had sleet or freezing rain they freeze over very quickly. I'm not sure if it's the blade, or the angle of the windshield, but they became useless very quickly in that condition.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
mine have not rusted yet.

i find that mine start to get a little crappy sometimes. i just spray some windex on them and clean them off. they go right back to working great again. i think the dust and mud builds up on them.

but these have really done well. the only reason i bought them was they didn't have anything else at Walmart that fit my car.

but i am pleased thus far.

XKJeep06 said:
I had my experience with the TripleEdge wipers.... after a while, it gets pretty annoying. I had'em on my 2000 Honda Prelude for about 5yrs. After a while, the frames begin to rust, and the blade themselves would thump/shudder on the glass loudly, and each wipe would not produce a 'clean cut' wipe... I like having quiet wipers as well. I'll agree to that...that I wouldn't go for the cheap ones (Pylons especially; lasted a good 2 months, the streaks were showing). Either Ancos or Michelin wipers are fine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've tried almost all the wiper blades out there and the premium metal frame ones work the best...bosch micro edge, anco hydro clear, silblade. The frameless ones doesn't seem to work well with me, after a while they start to miss spots like the middle portion and out edge of the blade.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
With the 24hr rain in England, and the fact I cover 12,000miles every 3 months I use Bosch wiper blades.

They're good value and last well in very poor conditions!

:)

·
Registered
452 Posts
4.7commander said:
mine have not rusted yet.

i find that mine start to get a little crappy sometimes. i just spray some windex on them and clean them off. they go right back to working great again. i think the dust and mud builds up on them.

but these have really done well. the only reason i bought them was they didn't have anything else at Walmart that fit my car.

but i am pleased thus far.
No disrespect of course... I was 'all for' the sales pitch on the TripleEdge's lifespan. Just over time, I couldn't stand how loud the wipers got from each end-of-cycle. Friends of mine using the plain blades ran smoother and quieter. It was a good number of years not 'replacing' them though :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
So far... my Bosch Icons have been great. I managed to get them in a buy one get one sale and only spent $26

·
Registered
46 Posts
Blake said:
Bosch Icon is an excellent wiper blade
X2, running them on both vehicles with great results. Even the wifey commented on how much better they were than the old Tricos, and even the Neoforms that I put on her car previously.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I've been a big fan of Bosch blades. They have always worked great for me without any problems.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts