Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am on the fence about buying new wheels with the offset I want/need or running spacers. As we all know, the spacers are cheaper. I have never used spacers before. Maybe I am a little nervous about the spacers. I have been looking at the Spidertrax spacers. I am putting on my RC lift this weekend and will soon be getting larger tires.
Anyone ever have any issues ?
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I have been running the spidertrax spacers for 2 years now. No issues. 1.5" They are hubcentric so they stay centered.

Spacers were invented as a more cost effective method to buying offset wheels.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like my stock wheels. Buying spacers over new wheels would leave more money in my pocket to buy other equipment for my commander. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have been running the spidertrax spacers for 2 years now. No issues. 1.5" They are hubcentric so they stay centered.

Spacers were invented as a more cost effective method to buying offset wheels.
Ditto. almost 40,000 miles and no problems. I was unsure also at the start.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Quite a few forum members have them on their Commanders for exactly the same reason you are considering them.

I have had no problems with my spydertrax spacers. I probably have put around 50,000 miles on since I installed them. Proper torque and permanent locktite.

And permament, btw, doesn't mean you can't get them off if you really need to.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input everyone. I am going to order some spacers today. I have read a ton of info. on this site. There seem to be more people using spacers than not.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Thanks for the input everyone. I am going to order some spacers today. I have read a ton of info. on this site. There seem to be more people using spacers than not.
Post pictures when you install them with your stock tires, interested to see what that looks like.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Post pictures when you install them with your stock tires, interested to see what that looks like.

I will post pics with the stock tires.
I ordered SpiderTrax spacers this morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts