Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Commander and trying to find a way to stream music.
I have read that it is possible to do this using Uconnect and was wondering if anybody else here has done this? Apparently once I pair my phone to Uconnect I should be able to go to "sources" on the system, see "bluetooth streaming w/ your device" listed, click that and be able to stream my music. I literally paired my iPhone for the first time ever to Uconnect today so I don't really know how to use it.
How does one view the Uconnect system to select sources? I don't see any options for sources when I click "mode". It just says, CD, NAV and VES. Anyway, how do I view the Uconnect system? Thanks!

·
Administrator
16,181 Posts
@Villalobos As far as I know it can't be done on a 2006.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can't be done with your setup. Today, I removed my head unit and installed a Boss system so I can have Apple CarPlay. Super easy install. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2006 Commander and trying to find a way to stream music.
I have read that it is possible to do this using Uconnect and was wondering if anybody else here has done this? Apparently once I pair my phone to Uconnect I should be able to go to "sources" on the system, see "bluetooth streaming w/ your device" listed, click that and be able to stream my music. I literally paired my iPhone for the first time ever to Uconnect today so I don't really know how to use it.
How does one view the Uconnect system to select sources? I don't see any options for sources when I click "mode". It just says, CD, NAV and VES. Anyway, how do I view the Uconnect system? Thanks!
You cannot stream music from a smart phone using Bluetooth in your Jeep Commander, but you can stream music from your smart phone if your Commander has a USB port in the lower right side of the display. Once you connect your phone to the USB port and start the music, it can be heard under the AUX function on the display.

·
Administrator
7,684 Posts
You cannot stream music from a smart phone using Bluetooth in your Jeep Commander, but you can stream music from your smart phone if your Commander has a USB port in the lower right side of the display. Once you connect your phone to the USB port and start the music, it can be heard under the AUX function on the display.
This is a little misleading @AlaskaSteve ;

This is probably true if you have the stock head unit.

However, if you want to stream music in your Commander from your smart phone via Bluetooth - you simply need to upgrade to a newer head unit;

I had a Pioneer AVH-X490BS CD/DVD RDS AV head unit with Sirius XM Receiver, installed about 3 years ago.

I stream music from my Android smart phone via Bluetooth, every time I drive Big Blue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a little misleading @AlaskaSteve ;

This is probably true if you have the stock head unit.

However, if you want to stream music in your Commander from your smart phone via Bluetooth - you simply need to upgrade to a newer head unit;

I had a Pioneer AVH-X490BS CD/DVD RDS AV head unit with Sirius XM Receiver, installed about 3 years ago.

I stream music from my Android smart phone via Bluetooth, every time I drive Big Blue.
I didn’t think that my comment was misleading. It did state that you cannot stream music via Bluetooth. You are correct that an upgrade is needed in order to stream music via Bluetooth. You can, however, play what you’re streaming on your iPhone on the audio system of your Jeep Commander using a hardwire connection with the USB port. If your iPhone has the 3.5mm earphone port, you can also listen to what is streaming on your iPhone by purchasing an inexpensive connection with 3.5mm jacks on each end. Plug one of the jacks into the 3.5mm earphone port on your iPhone, and the other into the 3.5mm audio port just above the USB port on the lower right portion of your Commander’s display area. The sound will be heard thru the AUX selection on the display.

·
Administrator
7,684 Posts
I didn’t think that my comment was misleading. It did state that you cannot stream music via Bluetooth. You are correct that an upgrade is needed in order to stream music via Bluetooth. You can, however, play what you’re streaming on your iPhone on the audio system of your Jeep Commander using a hardwire connection with the USB port. If your iPhone has the 3.5mm earphone port, you can also listen to what is streaming on your iPhone by purchasing an inexpensive connection with 3.5mm jacks on each end. Plug one of the jacks into the 3.5mm earphone port on your iPhone, and the other into the 3.5mm audio port just above the USB port on the lower right portion of your Commander’s display area. The sound will be heard thru the AUX selection on the display.
I'm well aware of the capabilities of the factory radio/head unit;

Your statement "You cannot stream music from a smart phone using Bluetooth in your Jeep Commander " is misleading, because it comes across as you telling members that you can't stream music in a Commander, from your smart phone via Bluetooth, period.

My point was that you can stream music via your smartphone using Bluetooth in a Commander, just by simply upgrading the factory radio to a newer head unit, which is simple enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts