Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i have an 07 XK base... single cd radio. i would like to upgrade the system and while looking i found this DOUBLE DIN kit; :eyemouth:

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-CR1289B-2005-Up-Chrysler-Replacement/dp/B000UF24RC/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_1

i would like to know if anybody has tried this or if its even possible, the reviews arent the best but i dont think any of them actually have a commander!

if i could get a double din radio in i wouldnt have to spring over 2Gs for an OEM nav.

tnx for the help

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like that one is the only one to change the radio... but the one I found seems to me that it would replace the entire thing, not just to fill in the knob gaps from the replacement.

I think for the price I might as well just get it and try it out, if not I only lose about 15 bux...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Keep us posted...... BTW we love pics!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bad news... i took out the upper dash and found out that i could not be able to take out the plastic around the radio... even if i could the kit didnt seem to be the right shape to fit.

plus if i want to get the dash with the navigation hole so i could be able to put in an aftermarket DOUBLE DIN radio, it would cost over $400! or 200. cant really tell which number is for what on the mopar parts site.

it seems to me that im going to have to save this mod for a later time:(.

but i will eventually do it, cuz it seems as nobody else has anything like this, so when i do tackle it, wish me luck. and i will post lots of pic.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not as big of a deal as you think. I put in a double din JVC
IMG00038-20100825-1641.jpg

IMG00036-20100825-1550.jpg

IMG00034-20100825-1550.jpg

the center piece of the dash where the radio is a separate piece and can be removed by pulling the dash, cutting the melted riets and prying the piece off.
Buy a 1/8" piece of plastic, cut your hole, heat it up to bend it to the dash contour and glue it on

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not as big of a deal as you think. I put in a double din JVC
View attachment 4045

View attachment 4046

View attachment 4047

the center piece of the dash where the radio is a separate piece and can be removed by pulling the dash, cutting the melted riets and prying the piece off.
Buy a 1/8" piece of plastic, cut your hole, heat it up to bend it to the dash contour and glue it on

tnx, it just seemed a little overwhelming when i took out the dash and looked.. i kept on thinking to myself that maybe i could cut out the hole that i need, but then i thought i would have nothing to go back to if i made a mistake.

i'll get in contact with you if i need help when i do this

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is killing me I have a clarion double din sitting in my garage... I need a dash kit!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts